54 | Peace

A/N: I don't wanna do this guys........
1 chapter left.....

•••

A few days underground, gave us a head start, I made Betty keep contact with me. Veronica, Archie and Kevin are not to be trusted.

I can't believe the three of them turned in Fangs and actually believed that it was Fangs who killed Midge. They didn't believe it was me, they believed it was him.

That's why I didn't answer their calls or texts. Only Betty's, I tried to call Jughead, but he didn't answer. That was until Betty called me and told us that the Ghoulies had tried to down Jughead as they had kidnapped Toni.

Then Jughead and Cheryl had saved Toni. Then Jughead had made a deal with Penny Peabody. Apparently she teamed up with the Ghoulies. She told me that Hal, her father was the Black Hood. And that Fred had been shot at the same time Hal confessed, so the thought that The Black Hood is not alone, rise one everyone's head.

I wanted to go and help fight the Ghoulies, but taking care of Fangs until he gets better is my priority.

Right now, Fangs is sleeping, Joaquin is trying to calm down after the riot and he's in the living room. I sit in the kitchen of the cabin Cheryl had helped us borrow for a few days.

"Tell Jughead we said hi, and be careful okay?" I tell Betty over the phone.

"I will, and be careful where ever you are, I hope Fangs is getting better" Betty says.

"He is, for now it's going slowly, but he's getting better" I say and hold tears in.

"I gotta go now, Betty. But call if there's anything else, okay?" I say.

"I will, you do too" Betty says and I give her a goodbye before hanging up.

I put my phone down and put my head in my hands. I silently sob and hold myself together. "Hey, what's wrong?" Fangs weak voice brings me out of my moment.

I feel him kneel next to me and I turn to him in my seat, Fangs lifts my chin and I look into his eyes. The glint is back. But his eyes falls into sadness as he sees my face.

"Come here" He says with a small grunt as he hugs me. I lock my arms around his neck and I sob into his shoulder.

"I can't do this anymore, Fangs. I don't want to go back. They all betrayed me, you, us. I have Betty and the Serpents. Everyone else is gone" I sob. "This is too crazy"

"Hey, we're gonna be alright, okay? We're gonna make it. We will be back, when it's over" Fangs assures me. "Just don't ever leave me, Fangs"

"I won't, ever. I made you a promise and I will keep it, one day a ring is going to be on that finger, and I'll be there long after that" Fangs says and pull away a bit.

He leans in slowly and I do too before closing the space between our lips.

•••

Sweet Pea came to visit, it wasn't really the plan for anyone to come and visit because of the attention it could bring.

"Jughead almost died, Penny and the Ghoulies got him good, but he's gonna live" Pea tells us as we sit in the living room.

Joaquin left this morning, to get back to his hiding place.

"Did they find the second Black Hood?" I ask and look up. "No, not yet, but I'm pretty sure Betty, Jughead and the redhead and the Lodge are working on it" Pea says and I nod.

"But, we have a problem" Sweet Pea says and both Fangs and I look up and raise an eyebrow. "How So?" I ask.

"Weatherbee is throwing the Serpents out of Riverdale, he says that all of a sudden it's too crowded. And we're being shipped off to Seaside High, and that is two hours away. It's all because he's blaming us for trashing the school during Riot night" Pea explains.

"But...didn't you trash the school?" I ask. Which I received a glare from him. "Maybe.."

"Okay, so you did. What's the plan?" I ask and Fangs slips his hand into mine, he knows I'm holding a facade up, I act like I'm ready to go to war. But I'm not.

"I don't know yet, Jughead returned to school, but we don't know what to do, a lot of Serpents ran or joined the Ghoulies the rest hides in the Whyte Wyrm and the Ghoulies trashed Sunnyside Trailer Park" Pea explains and I nod.

"Give us a day and we can be back in town, I just need a bit more rest" Fangs says. "He needs more than one more day" I butt in.

"Do not" He argues.

"Do too" I say and cross my arms warningly.
"Jesus, you're like an old married couple already" Pea comments.

My phone then rings and I see it's my mom. "Gotta take this" I say and stand up before walking into the kitchen.

"Hey mom"

"Hello Maia" a voice says.

"Who's this?" I ask and confused.

"The man who created you" My father says and I scrunch my face in disgust.

"What did you do to mom?" I hiss.

"We don't have much time, Maia. Your mom got me good, I'm going to be picked up and thrown out of the gates of Riverdale. So, listen carefully" He says and pauses.

"I know about that snake boyfriend of yours, I know Clay shot you, I know your boyfriend got shot 6 says ago. I know you're hiding, and I know you hate me, and I know you're afraid"

"So, What?" I spit.

"I'm not gonna look for you, Maia. I don't want you to suffer, I never wanted that, Believe it or not, I have changed during my time in jail, I'm smarter now. I'm not gonna go after you or Fogarty. I'm gonna give your mom the divorce she wants, and I'll be out of your hair as I promised. I won't come near the three of you or anyone. I promise. What you said that day in jail, made me realise what I've been doing. And I'm gonna give you peace" he says.

"Why are you telling me this?" I ask sternly.

"I'm telling you this, so you will stop looking over your shoulder. It's over. I'm done, for good" he says.

"Oh and that Nick St. Clair kid—he's taken care off"and then the line goes dead.

A tear of happiness falls down on my cheek, it's over. One less nightmare disappeared.

It's over, my family has peace, now. We're gonna be safe. All of us.

A/N: Did you like it?! Did it shock you with Connor? Do you believe what he said? Will he let them go and back off?