21 | Caught In The Crossfire

I've been awake all night a long with Sweet Pea and Toni, I sat on the couch with Toni at first, then Toni went home to get some sleep.

Both Sweet Pea and I decided to stay, to make sure everything is okay, while Fangs slept.

"If we take shifts to watch over him and make sure he doesn't fuck anything up in his sleep, then I'll start and you can rest for a bit" Sweet Pea says and I nod accepting the plan.

"Sounds good" I say and he nods, before giving my shoulder a squeeze and walk into Fangs bedroom. I breathe out and lay down on the now clean couch, and rest my eyes a bit.

I think I slept for 3 hours, before I wake up and just toss and turn on the couch.

I sigh and sit up before walking into Fangs bedroom, Sweet Pea sits in a chair next to Fangs bed, as Fangs sleeps on his back, with his exposed bandaged stomach.

"Wanna switch? I can't sleep anymore" I say and lean against the door. 

"Sure" Sweet Pea says, as he walks past me he ruffles my hair and I slap his hand away and glare after him.

I sigh and take a seat on Fangs bed and run a hand through his hair. "Wake up soon, please" I whisper and press a kiss on his cheek.

"Maia" he mumbles and stirs. I sigh and sit back on the chair and pull my phone out, I see my mom texted me and asked if everything went okay.

I texted her back that it was now and I would come home tomorrow. I sat in that chair for another 4 hours and I laid with my head back and rested for a bit.

I hear a groan and I look back on Fangs and he blinks a couple of times. "Hey, you okay?" I ask and move over to sit on the edge of his bed and he looks down at his body.

"What happened?" He asks with a groan. "Well, you tell me! You wanted me to stitch you up!" I exclaim and he takes in my appearance.

"Is that blood on your dress?" Fangs asks with a grunt as he tries to sit up.

I help him lean up against the wall in his bed. "Yeah, but it doesn't matter. Besides I ripped your shirt off, so trust me—we're even" I say and Fangs chuckles.

"Now, please tell me. What happened? You scared the shit out of me!" I say and sit next to him.

"I got caught in a fight between some angry Ghoulies and Serpents, it was worse than what it usually is, it just got out of hand....then they pulled a knife out and I took a hit" Fangs explains and looks down embarrassed.

"And after that?" I ask as he pauses.

"It's a bit blurry—but...Sweet Pea and Toni was there too and they took me back, I saw how deep the knife actually cut and then it went fast—I think I told them to get you? And I told them that you had stitched me up, before. Then I remember Sweet Pea taking off, then not much" Fangs explains and I nod.

"You should have let them take you to a hospital instead....Fangs, I almost couldn't do it. I was freaking out! That was much worse than the last time, I'm not a nurse. I don't do that stuff" I say and start to freak out a again.

"I couldn't go to the hospital, what should I say when we got there? 'Oh I just got in a fight and got stabbed with a knife. It was my own knife btw' yeah not gonna work!" Fangs says and raises an eyebrow.

"I don't care! There was a lot pressure on my shoulders! You could have died, Fogarty!" I scold and cross my arms. "I know" Fangs mumbles and looks down at his bandaged stomach.

"Jesus Christ" I mumble and sigh, before I pull Fangs into a hug. He hugged back immediately, I play a bit with the hair on his neck and hide my face in his neck.

"I really want to continue, but it's starting to hurt a little" Fangs grunts and I pull away and mumble a quick 'sorry'.

"Don't apologise, I should apologise" Fangs says and I give him a weak smile. "I'm gonna make it up to you, I owe you everything" Fangs says.

"You owe me nothing, Fangs. Just get better" I tell him and Fangs nods before leaning in a bit. "I'll get better" Fangs says and kiss me.

"Good, that's what you owe me" I mumble against his lips. Fangs deepens the kiss and pulls me on top of him, without stretching his stitches.

As I straddle him, he takes my face in his hands and my hands move to tangle his hair. He moves down and grab my hips as my dress slide up a bit and he grabs my thighs and move it up further.

"Fangs—you're injured" I mumble against his lips and he pulls away. "Sorry" He says and push a strand of hair out of my eyes and I peck his lips again, before getting off of him.

"Should I get Sweet Pea?" I ask and Fangs shakes his head no and I narrow my eyes confused. "No?" I ask.

"No, just come under the covers with me and let Sweet Pea stay out of there" Fangs says and pulls me next to him, and I don't stop him. I climb in properly and Fangs grab a shirt from the side and hand it to me.

"Change into this—it's getting creepy to look at your blood covered dress" Fangs says and I chuckle before turning my back to him.

"Unzip me?" I ask and Fangs unzips my dress and leaves his hands on my back as he slowly takes off my dress, I turn my tattooed side away from Fangs' view and hurry to get the shirt on.

He can't know yet...

"Thank you" I say and turn to him fully again.

"Come on, go to sleep. You need it" I tell him and he moves, before turning on his side and pull me into his chest.

I can't sleep at all, so I make sure I don't accidentally bump into one of Fangs injuries. As he's asleep he has his arm around me, I turn around and face him and I look up at him.

I really do like him, I find everything about him amazing and perfect, that smile he makes when he's really happy.

I hear footsteps and I close my eyes to avoid the awkwardness. I hear a scoff and then the sound of a camera on a phone clicking.

"Sweet Pea, I swear to god" I hiss and turn to him and he freezes as he's grinning at the sight of Fangs and I.

"Oops?" He says and hurries out with a playful smirk and I sigh. "Really?" I says in disbelief and look up to see Fangs still sleeping like a rock.

A/N: Thaaaaaaaat was something else hope you liked it! Could Sweet Pea be warming up to Maia??