28 | The Argument

A/N: Thank you so much for 7K! That's insane! Keep it going <3

————————————————————

Fangs hasn't said a thing and he can't make his eyes meet mine. "Did you two really get into a fight?" I ask in disbelief. Finally Fangs looks up and scoffs.

"Yeah" he mutters and looks down again.

"Alright—listen, I could leave right now, and just tell Sweet Pea we talked—but I don't want to, we need to talk, Fangs. I don't care if you still hate me afterwards—you need to ask your questions and I have to answer and explain" I say, something's finally happening.

"Fine! Sit your ass down, you're giving me a headache" Fangs snaps and I sit down in front of him in his table and he moves up.

"Shoot" I say as Fangs opens his mouth and closes again. "When?" He asks and looks at me. I take a deep breath and tell him.

"My dad is a Serpent. I've always been a Serpent—I got my tattoo 3 years ago, special made obviously. A place where not many would look" I say and nod, Fangs nods a bit then raises an eyebrow.

"Why did you become a Serpent? You have a choice" He asks. "I wanted to" I simply say. There's no real explanation for it, I just wanted to.

"Why didn't you tell me? You knew sooner or later I would see it—considering I've seen you shirtless a few times, and I didn't see it—you should have known that I notice it" Fangs says with a bit anger in his tone.

"I didn't know how to, as you said yourself a while ago—I'm a rich ass bitch—who's secretly a Serpent, if you look at me you won't see a Serpent, I don't look like a Serpent. Maybe I'm not even fit for a Serpent. But I wanted to tell you, I was afraid—I've never got that close with a guy I actually cared this much about, my dad made sure of that—it was never a problem until I met you" I say and our eyes lock once again.

"Sooner or later I would see you naked and what would your explanation be then? 'Oh yeah, btw I'm a Serpent!' Doesn't really sound that great" Fangs retorts and mocks my voice.

"I know" I say and look down in defeat. "Is that all? I know? You're not gonna try harder?" Fangs asks in disbelief and anger.

"I've got no explanation—Fangs, what do you want me to say? I need you! I want you! I care too goddamn much to let you go—" Fangs cut me off by grabbing my chin and force his lips onto mine.

I kiss back and he pulls me onto his lap and throw the icepack on the table.

After a few minutes we part for air, we're both panting, I trace my finger along his bruised cheek, he looks up with those sweet eyes.

"Before you cut me off—I wanted to say, I don't know what the problem is, you're a Serpent—I'm a Serpent, I'm only getting away with not becoming a Serpent in the future—because I already am one. And I know if I wasn't a Serpent now—I would become one, for you" I half whisper and Fangs shut his eyes and he leans his forehead against mine before opening his eyes and looking into mine.

"You're right. But that whole changing and putting yourself in danger—needs to stop. You can't do that for me, I won't ask you to, ever" Fangs says and I just kiss him to shut him up.

He doesn't get to decide what I can do and what I can't do. I take his leather jacket off and then his flannel shirt, then his shirt, I trace my fingers across his chest and he kisses me.

I let my hand run through his hair and stay in it. The other hand I traced along his tattoo, Fangs pulls away from the kiss and without warning he strips me off my jacket and shirt.