49 | The Funeral

A/N: 50K!? THANK YOU SO MUCH!

At Midge's funeral, Cheryl stood front with the Vixens and she sang. I cried silently, she didn't deserve it. I hold Fangs hand and I look up at him to see him look down.

We walk forward after the others and place a rose on the coffin. "I could've stopped it" I whisper to Fangs. "No, you couldn't, it had already happened when you were knocked out, whoever it was, had already done it" Fangs says. I let my hand linger on the coffin.

"Come on" Fangs says and pulls my closer to him and we walk back. Sweet Pea gives me a sad smile and I try to smile back.

I feel so guilty. I let my hand run over the thin plaster on my forehead from the cut.

"I also feel it is my duty to say that like the Furies of Ancient Greece, who pursue blood atonement when a crime's committed, the Vixens and I vow that we will not rest until those responsible for the murder of our sister is tightly punished" Cheryl speaks up.

•••

"So, What? We're suspecting that there's another Black Hood out there?" I ask Archie. I recognise that look in his eyes, which tells me, he has a plan. "Yes" Archie says.

I sigh and check the time on my phone before looking back up at Archie. "And where are you planning on going?" I ask him. I'm still pissed at him. But I'm not gonna let him go freaky Archie again. It's scary when he's like that.

"Nowhere..." Archie says, buuuuuuut he's lying. "Let's go, I'm coming with you" I say and we get in my car but Archie's about to protest.
"Why? Why are you doing this? I thought you were mad at me?" He asks.

"I am. But remember last time it went to do something like this? On the Southside? That's the reason I'm coming with you, so give me the directions" I say and Archie gives me them.

We roll up in front of Mr. Svensons house and I raise an eyebrow. "Mr. Svenson is dead...Archie, what are you hoping to find here?" I ask as we get out of my car.

"Something, I don't know yet" Archie answers. "Well, let's get started so I can get back to my boyfriend" I say and walk up to the house with Archie trailing behind me.

As Archie tries to peak through the blocked windows I stand behind him and wait for him to finish, when a black figure runs past us.

"Archie!" I hiss and he sees the figure and jumps down. "Who's there?" He calls out and I roll my eyes. Yeah, like they're actually gonna tell you when you ask?!

"Where are you going!?" I hiss and follow Archie as he walks around the house, as we do we see a black figure with their back to us. "Archie..."

"Who are you? And why the hell are you following me?" Archie half shouts and I follow him with hasty steps.

The person turns around and the face is just black. Then a pair of arms grab me from behind and I scream. "ARCHIE!!" He turns around only to be hit and kicked as he falls to the ground. I fight off the black dudes and kick them where sun doesn't shine and flip the other one over my shoulder so he lands on his back, as I straighten myself another black figure stands in front of me.

"Maia" it says, that's when I realise I know that voice, and that's when I realise who it is. And that's when I say his name—his fist meets my face and I blackout.