23 | Daddy Dearest

After school my mom picked me up. I hadn't said anything and she didn't say anything to me. We both knew that we didn't want to do this, I don't want to see him again and neither do my mom.

"Are you okay, Sweetheart?" My mom then asks. "I think so, but mom—I know this is bad timing, but I need to tell you something" I say and she nods at me to go on.

"What is it?" She asks and looks at me before shifting back to the road. "I'm seeing someone, it's new and all but, yeah—I guess, I just wanted you to know" I say.

"You are? That's great! Who's the lucky guy?" She asks happily. "His name is Fogarty, but he's called Fangs" I say and wait for her reaction.

"Fogarty? That's an unusual name, I would like to meet him" She says. "That might be too soon" I say and she nods understandingly. 

"Then I'll Just wait, I'm sure he's a keeper if you're dating him" she says and winks at me.

"Just—don't mention him when we go in there" my mom says and I nod. I know what he would do, if he found out.

"I won't" I mumble and we pull up to the prison. Soon enough we get inside and we're lead to the phones.

There he is, sitting behind the glass, ready to say what he wants to say. My mom picks up the phone, but I can't. I can't even look him in the eyes.

"Maia" my mom whispers and nudges me slightly. I take a deep breath before grabbing the phone and look straight into my dads eyes.

"Maia, Jessica. You have no idea how great it is to see you again" my father said with tears in his eyes. My mom sighs and I look down.

"Connor, you can't reach out to us. We're finally steady and we've started a new chapter of our lives" my mom softly says.

"I know, Jessica. But I just—I just had to see you two again" he says. "Maia?" My dad whispers and wipes his wet eyes.

I look up at him again and say nothing, I still hold the phone against my ear and listen.

"You're so beautiful, now more than ever. Are you feeling okay? Is everyone nice to you? Are you feeling welcomed in your new town and home?" He asks concerned.

I scoff and lean forward. "I'm greater than ever dad, I'm finally feeling like a human being. Every pain, every tear—all those things. I now know what it feels like living" I say and I can't stop myself.

My mom put her hand in my thigh and grab my hand instead and squeeze it. "I finally feel free" I finish and my dad looks down.

"You might think you are, my dear—but you are far from free. I called the lawyer to do anything in his power to make you two see me, so I could tell you this in person" my dad says and pauses.

"My brother, Clay—He took over when I was arrested, he's looking for a partner—it's either you— or Maia he'll go after. He won't stop, he's way worse than before this, it's bad. He's been watching you two—he knows every single place you've gone to the last 4 months" my dad explains and my hands starts shaking.

"What does that mean?" I ask hurriedly.

"It means he will either drag you or your mom into the business as insurance. And he's gonna act on his plan soon" My father says and I look at my mom and slam the phone onto the small frame.

I stand up from my seat in shock and hurry out of the prison leaving my mom there. I walk the whole way back towards the Northside and ignore my ringing phone.

My mom was calling me, Fangs called me to hear how it went, but I didn't answer.

"Maia? What are you doing out here?" Sweet Pea's voice rings through my head and I stop walking down the road and see him on his motorcycle as he rolled up next to me.

"Go away" I say and keep walking. Sweet Pea drives up next to me again. "What's wrong? Do you know that Fangs are looking for you? What's the deal with you two anyways?" Sweet Pea asks interested.

"God! I said go away!" I shout at him and turn to him. The blind rage in my veins and my bloodshot eyes shocked Sweet Pea.

"Get on" Sweet Pea ordered. "What?" I spit angrily. "Get on, I'm getting you out of here, you'll thank me later" Sweet Pea says and nods his head toward him.

"No, I told you to go away, what word in that sentence do you not understand!?" I snap.

"Maia—get the fuck—on my bike! Or I will Goddamnit make you!" Sweet Pea yells at me. "Fuck off, Sweet Pea" I spit at him and keep walking.

Sweet Pea drives past me and then stops. He gets off and storms towards me and then he grabs my arm and drag my towards his motorcycle. "What the hell are you doing!?" I hiss.

"Get on! And Shut up!" He yells in my face and I get on his motorcycle and then he drives away. In last second I put my arms around his waist as he takes off.

Soon enough he pulls up at the Whyte Wyrm, he grabs my arm and the Serpents outside eyes us and some starts whispering as Sweet Pea drags me inside.

"Stop! What are you doing?" I hiss at him, slightly panicked, but he ignores me and squeeze my bicep harder and I groan in pain.

"Jones! Fogarty!" Sweet Pea shouts and I'm shoved into a body. I crash into a chest and I look up and see a worried looking Fangs.

"Found her on the highway, on foot" Sweet Pea said. "Maia?" Jughead's voice called out from behind me and I curse. Well, thank you so much SWEET PEA!!

"Fuck" I curse and Fangs gives me a confused look mixed with a bit anger and worry. "Where have you been? Everyone's been trying to call you?" Jughead says and I turn around.

"Hey—Yeah, no, I was just busy. You know—dramatic shit and all that" I say and Fangs pinch my ass discretely and I jump a bit.

"Jesus Christ!" I mumble under my breath as I turn my head and see Fangs glaring at me.

"What were you doing on that road, Maia?" Sweet Pea asks with a smirk. He knows I'm in deep shit and now he's just rubbing it in my face.

"Walking, obviously" I say and roll my eyes. "Maia, can I borrow you for a second?" Jughead asks.

"Actually—I need to talk to her first" Fangs says. Sweet Pea looks at me then Fangs and then Jughead—confused. Jughead looks at Fangs confused and then me, then Sweet Pea. Basically, everyone looked at each other confused. What's happening?

A/N: Dramatic chapter! Do you think her uncle will get her into the business that made her father go to jail? Will the Serpents find out about Fangs and Maia?