53 | Goodbye

A/N: Two chapters left!

•••

"Help us! We need a Doctor!" FP screams as Jughead, FP and I run into the hospital with Fangs. "Ma'am" Jughead says to the receptionist. "Wait your turn" she says. "He was shot!" Jughead says.

"Step back—" I slam my hand on the counter. "He's dying!!!" I shout at her finally speaking. "Hey! What's going on here?" A doctor asks.

"My boyfriend was shot, right in the stomach!" I tell the doctor and show him Fangs. "Hey, get me a gurney" the doctor shouts.

"Be careful!" The doctor says as they lay Fangs down and he groans in pain. "Let's go"

"Maia" Fangs mumbles and reaches out for my hand but as they drive him away his hand lets go of mine. "Hang in there. Hang in there" FO calls after Fangs.

"Maia" FP says carefully after a while and he put his hand on my shoulder but I shove it off. Then Jughead starts walking away and FP follows him, which made me walk away from everyone. I find a quiet corner in the waiting room and sit in the floor.

40 minutes later everyone's calling me. Literally everyone. I'm hiding in the hospital. Silent tears falling like a waterfall. I'm waiting for news on Fangs.

But, the whole town is going crazy. I listened to the voicemails everyone left on my phone.

That Reggie didn't shoot Fangs, that it was Mrs. Klump. It killed me. Everything was killing me. Even more when I don't know if the love of my life is going to survive.

If I reveal where I am, I won't be able to keep everyone away from me, if I reveal where I am, I might not be able to stop looking for revenge.

Even if Fangs lives or not. I'll make someone pay for this. And I won't stop till everyone who hurt Fangs—is gone.

I look down on my phone once again, Jughead's calling for the 500 time. I look up and let my finger press the answer button.

"Maia? Are you there? Is it you?" Jughead says hurriedly.

"I'm here" I answer in a steady voice.

"Where are you? Are you okay?" Jughead asks. I hear Sweet Pea's voice in the background.

"If I'm okay? I think you know the answer to that, Jug" I answer with a scoff.

"Where are you, Maia? Let someone get you, you're not safe where ever you are. The town is going crazy, you're wearing a Serpent jacket—you're a target!" Jughead says.

"I need to go" I say and look towards the people piling in to ask if Fangs Fogarty 'Midge Klump's killer' is alive or dead.

I raise from the floor and hang up on Jughead. "Is there any news?" I ask Mr. Masters as he passes by. "No, I'm sorry—he's still in surgery" He says with an apologetic smile.

"What are his chances?" I ask, my voice breaking in the end. "I can't say, it looks bad, but he might have luck on his side" He says.

"He didn't do it. He didn't kill Midge Klump" I say as I don't miss the look in his eyes.

"He's no killer. He's innocent, and now he's laying there. Paying for someone else's actions!" I say and my voice goes louder as I finish. "How does that make you feel, huh? Going after an innocent teenager? Killing an innocent teenager!?" I shout at the people in the reception. They look at each other and starts whispering and I scoff.

Anger erupts in my whole body and as I take a step towards them I pulled back by Jughead and FP. "No! Stand down!" FP says and put his hand in front of me.