24

a/n ) yallsters it was 30 degrees celcius today omfg im dying of the heat

your pov /

"where's woojin?" i asked, sounding impatient.
although it didn't matter anymore. i just wanted to be with him, even though my leg and all the pain treated me like shit. daehwi looked worried, although woojin had described him as a cheerful and usually optimistic or positive person, always thinking about good things. but all the thoughts that could be in his head was rushing through mine as well. what if he overslept? what if he didn't get through the border securities? things like that.
"he said his plane should arrive around this time," daehwi says, checking his phone. 3:30pm. woojin should've arrived half an hour ago. the sky was looking rather dark as well. maybe his plane had gotten delayed because of an upcoming storm.
"should we check later?" i asked daehwi. "he could just call us if he's arrived. maybe we had mistaken the date." daehwi shakes his head, his eyes still locked onto his phone, filled with worry.
"i'm certain we got the date right," he said quickly. almost too quickly. too quickly to be considered okay. he's definitely not okay and he's as anxious as i am right now. but i didn't let that get to my head, i'm sure woojin will be okay.
"let's just get back to your place, daehwi," i said rather awkwardly. "better wait there rather here during a storm." daehwi finally looks up at me and nods slightly, starting to walk out of the airport. i trail behind him.
woojin is okay.

-

daehwi turns on the tv and sets the bowl of chips on the table. he rips open a box of pocky and starts eating quickly, probably trying his best to remain as calm as possible, but the speed of his eating tells that he's nervous and worried. the tv was set on the news channel. the reporter is talking but i don't understand what he is saying. daehwi bursts out laughing and goes to the channel settings and turns on automatic korean captions. oops, forgot that i was in japan.
"we begin this hour with breaking news," the captions read. "because of the storm earlier, a plane from korea had crashed into the ocean. it was said the plane experienced lots of turbulence and lost control, which led to it crashing down. we have yet to find any survivors, though we are still searching for anyone still lucky enough to survive."
i didn't realize that tears were pouring out of my eyes until daehwi wiped my cheeks with tissues.
"d-did he die?" i asked quietly. daehwi smiled sadly, his eyes wet as well. i could see the trail that his tears made on his cheeks. i broke out into a sob. no, he can't be dead. not now. daehwi pulled me in for a hug. though i hugged back, all i wanted was to hug woojin and know if he was okay. hugs weren't comforting me. though it's not confirmed that the people who were on the plane had died, i was still crying and shaking and scared that the one i love had died.
he's not, i assure myself.
he's okay.

-

a/n ) short chapter holy fuck. i have so many fanfic ideas atm ugh