18

/ dream

"another checkup is scheduled for today, y/n," the nurse, named kyuwon, tells me.
she handed a glass of water with three small ice cubes that seem to be nearly melted. the water wasn't really cold, either, so i felt that the glass of water was held for a bit before it was given to me.
"again? didn't i just have one yesterday?" i asked, setting the glass on the side table. i felt no need to drink.
"the head doctor said that you—"
"well who cares what he thinks? i'm okay. he's probably just doing all these things so that i stay longer and so that he can work more and make more money," i interupt her. kyuwon stares at me and shrugs, but she looks as if she agrees.
"well, it's been scheduled already," she sighed. "any cancellation will result with a charge, sadly."
i groan, and curl up into a ball. why was i being held here when i was clearly fine?

kyuwon stayed in my room helping me out if i needed to use the washroom or if i needed a glass of water (although i could walk normally by now) until the doctor eventually came. he had dark circles under his eyes and looked unhappy to see us both.
"time for an examination, y/n," he says roughly. his breath smells of cigarettes or smoke.
he holds onto my bed and pushes it. i stayed on.
"get off. you can walk now," he says. i get off reluctantly and walk out of the room, him following behind. he ran over to me, grabbed me by the shoulders and turned me around. "this way. don't you ever learn?"
we kept walking, his hands still on my shoulders.
eventually we reached the examination room. the window was open and a cold breeze filled the room.
"let's start," he said. he grabs a periscope and says medical stuff. but it sounds like gibberish, honestly.
what i hear is someone calling my name, coming from outside. i'm not sure whether or not someone really is or really isn't. i glance at the window, then look back at the doctor. he has a syringe. okay, nope, i'm not dealing with this shit.
"hell no!" i shout, whether it was relevant or not to whatever kind of medical thing he was talking about and ran towards the window. i jump out the window, my body fitting right through the window. i felt like i was free!
then i realized i jumped out a window from the 6th floor and is now falling to what, potentially, is my death. i screamed at the top of my lungs and closed my eyes, ready for whether i'm going to hell or heaven or some other after life thing.
but i don't. i was still screaming but something or someone has caught me. i opened my eyes, and looked up. turns out, the guy who helped me and was forbidden to come visit me, caught me!
which made me wonder how his voice managed to sound so loud to the point i could hear it from the 6th floor, but whatever, i'm alive and he's saved me.
"hi," i say, out of breath from screaming so much.
"hey," he smiled. "welcome back to a better—at least—world."

a/n ) another filled because I STILL HAVE NO IDEAS.
also im terribly bored no one has been messaging me lately im rlly sad and lonely someone dm me pls :(