06

i called mom earlier that i was going to be with a friend, and will be coming home late.
mom thought i was going to do vulgar things with woojin. i was on the verge of hanging up on her when she said that.
woojin and i were now at a forest park walking along the trails. the sky had slowly became darker, and the temperatures were dropping. i had to hold on to woojin for warmth. his arm was wrapped around my waist awkwardly, as if he'd never done it before.
we were walking in silence. it wasn't the kind of silence were things were awkward or anything. it was the kind of silence where things are pleasant, even if no one was really talking.
"oh! let's go over there!" i point at a playground. woojin looks at me and smiles in agreement.
we walk over to the playground. woojin transitioned to holding my hand instead of holding my waist. he looked calmer now. i let go of his hand and run up the yellow slide.
"hey, didn't anyone tell you not to do that?" he asked, looking up at me.
"it's a playground, woojin. there aren't any rules," i say, resting my head on the barriers. he facepalms himself and points to a sign. '12 years or younger'. "what a way to ruin the fun. catch me!" i jumped off of the platform. woojin caught me in a bridal position, panicked. i smiled at him. "thank you."
"jeez, y/n," he laughs, setting me down. "you always seem to surprise me."

we were walking over to a nearby convenience store.
"what do you want to eat?" he asked me. he was holding my hand again, and held it firmly as if he doesn't want me letting go again.
"fire noodles," i smiled at him. he laughs, shaking his head. we decide to eat outside, enjoying the night view. woojin reluctantly lets go of my hand and looks at me nervously.
"hey, uh, it can get kind of sketchy around at night," he says, looking around. "are you sure you don't want to come inside? just to at least buy the noodles?" i shake my head and smile at him.
"i know how to deal with sketchy people," i assure him. he sighs and pats my head, smiling seriously.
"i'll be back in a few," he says, walking inside the convenience store.

"well, well, well." a few minutes after woojin went inside, someone pops up from behind me.
at first i thought it was eunha because she always seems to find me, but her voice isn't so... i don't know, sinister, nor deep. i turn around, and see someone i utterly dislike— kang daniel.
"what are you doing here alone, y/n?" he asks me, sliding into the seat in front of me. i shake my head. i felt as if i lost my words.
"it isn't very good for a girl to be out alone at night, don't you think?" i felt the anger bubbling up inside me.
"not very appropriate for a boy, either, kang daniel," i say lowly. he looks disgusted.
"so much for being a senior, huh?" he pokes my head with his index and middle finger harshly. "use your fucking manners. this is why no one wanted to be friends with you in the first place."
i have three insticts— to run away, to punch him, or run to woojin.
i can't choose. my mind was fumbling all over and i couldn't think of anything to do, so i started crying. really hard.
a bit of a backstory; kang daniel used to be my friend, or an aqcuaintance at least, at my old school before i transfered to the one i'm in now. sadly the friendship bond got broken by a stupid rumour that i have affairs. i don't. daniel decided to go around and spread the rumour even more, which lead me to hate him and eventually move out of the school. my mom and dad didn't ask any questions. i had a feeling they'd heard about the rumour, but didn't think i'd do something like that.
"aw, someone gotten hurt?" daniel asks in the kind of voice you use to talk to a child. "karma for hurting everyone's bodies with your fucking—" i get up.
"please stop," i say. i start walking towards the doors of the store, but daniel grabs onto my wrist. i try pulling away from him but it was no use, so i started shouting out for help.
"woojin!" i yelled. woojin was already at the counter. he turns around and sees me. oh, please, help me. "woojin! help! please!" the more i called out, the tighter daniel held onto my wrist. it was painful, it felt like he was blocking blood circulation.
"you're a pain in the ass," daniel grumbled. he pulled me away from the store.
i lost hope.

a/n ) i have nothing against daniel i swear i love him akskskdls i wanted to make him an antagonist tho