02

i woke up in a panic.
for some reason, i felt the pain as if that really had just happened to me. my whole entire body felt sore and i was sweating.
i do some deep breaths to calm myself down, and get out of bed to get ready for the day.
this time, i took a cold shower instead of my usual lukewarm showers to clear my mind. i did not want to dream of something so real and so terrifying like that. hell, it wasn't a dream, even. it was just a straight up nightmare.
after getting ready, i go downstairs and have breakfast with my parents; something that i don't usually do as well.
"welcome back to the table, y/n," dad smiled at me, pleased to see me.
i smile back at him tiredly and slide into the seat beside mom. today we have two slices of toast with a variety of toppings on the side. mom looks excited about eating bread.
"we're glad you're here to join us in this 'DIY'," mom says in her joyful tone. she says that so joyfully i felt a hint of regret build up in me. i smile awkwardly and help myself.
"what's the occasion today, scout?" dad asked me. he likes calling me scout because of a video game. says i remind him of the character. i look up at him.
"what do you mean?" i say, stuffing my mouth with bread.
"all of a sudden sitting with us at the table after two years of not sitting with us at the table, is what i mean," he says, spreading jam onto his toast. he looks somehow serious but also joking.
"i just felt like it today," i widened my smile. he probably could tell i was lying, but he didn't say anything after that.
after breakfast, i head out to school. from that point, i'd already forgotten about my nightmare, luckily.
aaaaand today was a monday.
ugh.
great.
well, at least i get to see my friends after just seeing them from a screen for two days, right?
i get to class and i see a new boy who looks familiar. he's probably the new student everyone has been chattering about. eunha slides into the desk beside me and winks.
"kind of handsome, isn't he?" she grins. "he looks rather... mysterious. seems like your type, y/n." i mean i'm sure i have seen him somewhere before, but i don't know. kind of odd to just go up and ask him about his personality and compare my ideal type to his personality.
"alright kiddos, we have a new student today, as you can see," our teacher, mr. kim smiled, placing his hands on the new boy's shoulders and pushing him up to the front of the classroom for him to speak.
"hello," the new boy bowed. "my name is park woojin, and i came from seoul."
he is... really... vague.
"would you like to tell something else about yourself?" mr. kim asks, still smiling his bright smile.
"well, you're all probably thinking this, but i am known as a rather vague person," woojin says.
wow. i agree.
"which means?..." mr. kim looks at him in an expression i can't really describe.
woojin looks around the classroom, and then back to mr. kim.
"which means i am a vague person," he says simply, which throws everyone off guard.
life is sure going to be interesting from this point on.