08

/ dream

"he can't visit you anymore."
i stare at the head doctor in disbelief. he looks like he doesn't care.
"what? why not?" i ask. i'd finally found my voice and words. the boy stayed with me for a few weeks, sitting on the same chair. he'd read me books and tell me stories of what happens in his life when he's not in the room. i'd just thought of him as someone who's just helping me, but now that he can't visit anymore, i feel as if i'm losing a close friend. someone who i'd just met a couple of weeks ago during a fight turned out to be someone i rely on. without him, i think i would've gone insane.
"he visits too much," the doctor says carelessly.
"you're being unreasonable," i say. how could someone be so careless?
"you are being unreasonable, y/n," he says. "you don't need to depend on a brat like him. you just need medication."
"excuse me?" i gape at him. "i feel better when he's here."
"yes, right," i could see him roll his eyes. "don't you know that he's just a pain? begging to visit you 24/7 even when it's already dark outside. asking to sleep over. that's inappropriate, you don't even know the guy."
"i know him!" i cry out.
"what's his name, then?"
i stay silent. the boy never told me his name. i'd probably asked a few timws, but he talked over me, or replied with something irrelevant.
"exactly," the doctor snapped. "you don't know the guy."
"but he's my friend," i say quietly.
the doctor shakes his head. "too much is not good, we should only take what is enough," he says.
"well your wording and medication is too much! i feel sick!" i say. i felt the tears pouring out, but i couldn't feel them roll down my cheeks. i felt numb. i couldn't feel anything.
"you need it," he says. "i will only let him visit once more. after this, he will no longer be allowed to come."
and he left.
silent.

"hey," the boy smiled. i don't get how he just seems to look so happy even though he can't come anymore.
i opened my mouth to talk, but only the tears came out. he frowns, and comes over to me. he wraps his arms around me and strokes my head. "it'll be okay."
"i need you," i whisper.

a/n ) im tired lmao i wanna sleep