Chapter Thirty-Two.

Colleen and I were huddling under blanket, the lights were off, and bowl of popcorn in the middle of us. We were watching the old version of the Nightmare on Elm St. I have never seen it, but I have seen bits and pieces of the new one and the old one is such better.

It scared me really bad. I hate scary movies.

I dunked under the covers when Freddy popped out when Nancy in her dreams. Now would be the moment I wish Scott was here to hold me, protect me, tell me everything okay and it’s just a movie. Hell, I want Tyler here with me right now!

“I haven’t seen this movie in years.” Colleen said in total interest as she munched down on popcorn, never taking her eyes off the TV. “Forgot how much I peed myself when I was seven watching this, now I remember. I dreamt of Freddy that night.”

“Can we turn it off now?” I begged, never leaving the safety of the blanket.

“What!” she scuffed. “Never. Not until it’s over. It’s just getting good.”

I groaned, hugging my pillow when I crawled back out when the really scary parts were over and when the ones would come up, I would hide my face in the pillow.

I didn’t even realize I began to doze off and before I knew it, I was dead asleep…

Next time I work up, I didn’t even know what time it was. It was dark from what I saw from looking threw my lashes. I heard a voice behind me and Colleen was whispering real low, but I could still make out what she’s saying.

“He’s what?” she questioned. “Oh my god—wait, repeat that. Hit? By an actual car? Who would be driving at one in morning—oh, right, a drunk, of course…”, she kept babbling and I was closer to falling back to bed even though I tried to keep myself awake to hear more. A car? Someone got hit? Who? My gut told me something bad and I could picture Scott in my head.

“Well, she’s asleep.” she said. “I don’t think I should wake her up—I know she’s his mate, but don’t you think this should be waited until the morning.”

I had to know. I turned around and leant up, “Colleen, who’s that?” I asked, rubbing my eyes. “Who’s hurt?”

She looked at me, holding her phone to her chest as she hesitated, “It’s Scott,” she said and my I gave her a look to go one. “He was hit by a car while he was out running…” she trailed off and I continue to look at her and shook my head once for her to continue and she sighed, “He was with Gabe. They ran out onto a street and they didn’t realize a car was coming and it hit Scott. Gabe was hurt, but just bruised.”

My throat and tongue felt heavy and sore suddenly. My eyes watered up, but I blinked them back, “U-um, okay, how’s Scott? He’s at home, resting right? I mean, they heal quickly, he should be fine in a few—”,

“He’s in the hospital…his neck broke and he was cut pretty badly in his chest going down his stomach.” she said, giving me an apoplectic look. “He…he would have died if he wasn’t in his wolf form. It was pretty bad since the driver was going over the speed limit and—what are you doing?”, she asked when I jumped up from the bed, turned on the lights, and quickly began to get dress.