|| Chapter 42 ||

Before I give you your well deserved update, I have a few things to say. One of them being thank you. Words cannot describe how greatful I am. Most of you have been there for me through thick and thin. I truly do love you guys. As soon as I'm done studying I'll be on here 24/7. I don't know what I would do without your support, so thank you. This is the last chapter of this book but I hope you will carry on this journey with me in the second book. I LOVE YOU ALL SO, SO MUCH!! -Hunter xx

It was the morning. Not after a hardcore party, or making love with your other half or even finding out you were pregnant. It was the morning after Zayn's, Liam's, Niall's, Louis' and Harry's worlds collapsed around them. Though they each had someone, they had never felt so alone. The weather seemed to reflect their mood; dark storm clouds cast darkness over everyone and the heavens shed their tears of pain and loss on the mortals below. Not the best way to start the day.

Beautiful. It really was. There was nothing. Nothing but Harry and the sky. No deep grey clouds of worry, pain and sadness, no eternal snow that froze everyone out for you, not even a bright sun that masked the pain. Just the sky. Nothing was hidden or concealed, just pure blue. Freedom. It really was. To spend eternity here would be a blessing from the heavens. But all good things must come to an end.

Silently watching his lover sleep, a small sigh left Louis' lips. He looked so peaceful. His lips stretched into a small smile, something Louis had not seen in a while. It hurt Louis a little, to know that was the one place Harry was happy- in his dreams where Louis knew he liked to be completely alone.

Others have it worse. Louis thought. All over the world, others have it worse. In Israel, the Palestinians kill bus loads of farmers who were committing the political crime of going into town to see a movie. The Israelis cope with this injustice by dropping bombs on the Palestinians and killing children along with whatever terrorists may be there. Others have it worse than me...no matter how hard it gets, I know there is more evil being done elsewhere.

Louis knew he needed to awaken Harry from his slumber, but he didn't have the heart to deprive him of his one place of happiness.

Zayn was in a whirl of panic. His flat was a mess, but that was standard; he had slept in his clothes and needed a shave, but that wasn't so unusual either. What worried him was the empty bed in the spare room and the wide-open front door. (Author's Note: Mia slept in the spare room that night, also Harry and Liam stayed at Louis' and Niall's flat =) )

He paused as he approached the battered old sofa where Kevin lay grunting in his sleep. Zayn was shocked. He had turned into a monster of a man, tattooed arms folded across his chest and grey combat trousers tucked into enormous black paratrooper boots, each with a line of studs into make them look extra mean. Everything was calculated to reinforce the image of mercenary.

He was lying with his nose pressed against a cushion, causing his top lip to curl into a silent snarl. Even in sleep Kevin looked angry. Taking a deep breath, Zayn carefully shook him by the shoulder. The man on the sofa instantly recoiled. He sniffed in a sharp breath, squinted and looked up. "Ah Zayn, you're awake then."

Zayn felt ill enough- head pounding, dehydratiom , as well as the lingering disorientation of a minor hangover- and now he had a beast of a man in his living room. " Yeah, uh, why are you here?" he asked, trying to sound polite as he scratched the back of his neck.

" Well, I came to speak to Mia. I found she was here and decided to let myself in, sorry. But she's just popped round the shop." He said, standing up as he stretched the sleep out of his limbs, bones cracking. Zayn nodded and sighed, not bothering to ask how he was. He already knew the answer. Practically everyone felt crap these days.

So sorry guys, this is so short but I'm busy on kik. I'm doing a Q&A on kik tonight, so message me :D @larryrpallyear . I will update soon and it will be the last chapter. Are you excited for the new book?