•forty three•

Phone calls to the unknown

"Okay just focus on the silence

"Okay just focus on the silence." Stiles instructed to the girl sat on the bed and closed her eyes to hone her hearing.

"Listen to the silence." Isaac added, nodding ferociously as he aided the stilinski brother beside him.

"Just keep focusing on the silence." Stiles continued, attempting to block out the werewolf beside him.

"Keep listening to th—." Isaac reiterated, suddenly being cut off by the shrill yell from the skittish boy.

"Will you just let me handle this, Isaac. Please? I just have more experience with... with banshees." Stiles pleaded, annoyance clear in his tone.

"You have experience pining over one, not much else." Haley commented, a small smirk gliding over her chapped lips. Stiles shot his sister a glare, although he envied her strong wit that over shone the pain lying underneath both of their skins.

"Isn't anyone going to get that?" Meredith interrupted the squabble, her voice laced with irritation as her eyes diverted to the boys phone.

"Get what?" Stiles muttered, confusion sinking into the air and forcing the tension to rise.

"The phone." Meredith rolled her eyes, trying to ignore the ringing that bombarded her senses.

"Wha-." Stiles retorted before being silenced by a quick slap from his sister. She eyed the phone in her brothers pocket before taking it out cautiously. She shared a glance with her twin, both silently contriving a plan.

"Oh- the phone." Stiles elongated the last few syllables as he took the clearly blank screen and brought it to his ear.

"Hello?" He greeted the silence as if someone was waiting to be heard. It was sickeningly quiet as he nodded and passed the phone to the banshee, no one wanting to break her trance.

"It's for you." Meredith was shocked but took the phone anyway, mumbling small responses before passing the phone back nonchalantly.

"Well? What did they say?" Haley almost begged, her dull dark eyes full of hope. Meredith's sharp gaze snapped to the only other girl in the room, her expression falling blank as her irises bored into haleys.

"They say; coup de foudre." Her voice was nothing but a whisper but even so it made Haley's heart sink. Isaac groaned, dragging his calloused hand down his face.

"What even is that, Spanish?" He bit out, annoyance clear in his tone. Haley shook her head, rising to her feet as the cogs began to turn in her exhausted mind.

"Coup de foudre, Love at first sight."
It was then, When Haley turned to the alpha standing idly in the hallway, where everything clicked.

They needed to find Allison.

*****

The air in the jeep was thick with unsaid words, each syllable sheepishly sitting on each teens tongue. Haley had her phone gripped into her boney hands, begging for Aiden to reply to her texts she had sent to bombard his phone.

Ethan was in trouble and she sent Aiden out to help him, but what if he had got caught in the cross fire. What if his blood was on her hands. She could never live with herself knowing, she had put him in danger. But that was all she seemed to be doing lately, along with her half arsed dopple ganger strolling the streets of beacon hills.

"Alright, I'll say it." Isaac broke the tension with his claws, slicing through the sheet that had been draped over the car with fear and naivety. Haley turned to him expectedly, a cocked brow and narrowed eyes.

"You both look like you're dying. Look at you Haley! You're pale, thin and you look like you're the child of grim freaking reaper." He combatted her sharp look, swatting it away with a jab to her shoulder. She scoffed, attempting to ignore the worried faces of the two boys upfront.

"How charming." She muttered, although she knew he was right. Her skin was sinking further into her bones, the tone bleaker than a blank canvas in art class.

"It ain't my job to charming, thats Aidens. My job is to be realistic. So when we find the dopple twins, are they going to be getting better?" Isaac snapped although concern was threaded into his voice. Stiles gulped, the idea of leaving his father without either of his children when he had just got them back. When he had already lost so much.
It was heartbreaking.

"What will happen if they get hurt?" Scott whispered, glancing back at the petite brunette before the gaze became too painful to bare and it flickered back to his bestfriend.

"You mean, if they die do we die?" Haley piped up as if she had already thought of that answer, the clarity already clear in her body language.

"I don't care." Stiles added, his fingers turning white as they groped the steering wheel and swerved closer to the Oak Creek. Haley nodded, her brown eyes darkening to as if they were black, so much so the night sky felt threatened by its ferocity.

"No one else will die because of me, because of us. So be it if it means my life was cut short, as long as everyone else gets to live." Haleys voice boomed through the enclosed car, her small hands wound up into tight fists as her memories began to taint her mind.

"No." Scott retorted, staring back at the girl who had already lost her faith.

"I will not let either of you die. Do you hear me? No one is going to die tonight."

The sick irony to his words had already set the tone for the following night, as the group prepared to say goodbye to two of their pack members.

•••

51.4k!

I'm crap at uploads. But hopefully, with the remainder of the book written, I'll be able to post it in the next few weeks.
Get ready for heartbreak...

Shout outs:
@stephaniejabbour
@thunderblink
@criistal12
@IAmHollandRoden
@OfficialStephanieP
@Fanfi_Queen
@Void-Aiden
@TheToastOfTheUndead

Please vote comment and add to those lovely reading lists,

Sorry for any mistakes,

Thank you for reading,

Goodbye x

And prepare for the end...