•Ten•

Nightmares don't stay in dreams.

They were sitting in history.

Haley was adjacent to her brother, carefully watching as his fingers scraped the desk as if to grasp back to reality.

Her eyebrows furrowed and she glanced to seek confirmation with Scott, yet instead dropped her gaze back to her brother as Kira sat babbling to the true alpha.

"Stiles?" Haley whispered as she bent her head lower to see his pained expression. Fear rushed through her.

"Stiles?"

"Stiles, would you like to come up and read to the class for us." Both twins snapped their gazes to the front.

"Oh, maybe someone else could." Stiles mumbled, watching each letter dance on the board like an animation which made little sense.

"Everyone participates in my class, mr Stilinski." Mr yukimora noted, folding his arms as he waited for the brunette to move.

"Maybe I could do it?" Haley called out instead, rising from her seat with a hesitant smile plastered on her lips. The teacher shot her a glare.

"Sit down miss Stilinski." And as he spoke, Haley sank back into her seat. Stiles cringed as he headed to the front, his feet slumping and hands shaking vigorously.

The anxiety was radiating between both twins, the shaking becoming more fluid as Haley began to tap her foot.

Scott noticed both panic.

Stiles began to mumbled and stutter as he stood at the front. His gaze glued to the book as his mind rewrote the words into the new language he had formed.

The twin darted for the door, ignoring the questioning calls and instead slamming his back into the lockers as his hands groped his hair.

Haley immediately trailed after him.

"Stiles? What's wrong?" She hummed in the soothing voice she mastered over the years of their mothers absence. Both Stilinski men relished the familiarity it had brought them.

"It's a dream, just a dream." He mumbled to himself, sinking to his feet as he cradled his legs.
Haley sunk with him.

"No you're not dreaming. Okay, how many fingers do you have stiles?" Haley asked her bewildered twin.

Stiles shot her a cynical look, his eyes sunken deep in the bags attacking his skin.

"You trust me okay? Remember that time I didn't tell dad you were hiding those chocolates in your room? You trusted me then, trust me now. Count your fingers." Haley hummed, ignoring the body now towering over them- the authority confirming it was Scott.

Stiles nodded.

His hands were shaking as Haley began to count with him.

"One, two." He stuttered, pressing each one against his palm as he counted them off.