•Three•

Insanity

Haley pushed past the sauntering teenagers, pulling her hair back into a bun and re adjusting her outfit

Her head was down and although she still felt like crap for not sleeping, a small smile was plastered on her dreary lips.

Her brother spotted her from afar. Noticing how relaxed her posture had become. Whatever had happened to her in the small time frame between her disorientation to then- stiles was grateful.

Lydia, on the their hand, was caught up in the revelation of her new found normality she barley noticed the new arrival.

Haley approached the group, threading her fingers through her up do to retie the last strands of hair.

Lydia cocked her eyebrow at the girl as she motioned for her top, the material all bunched and misshapen.

Haley gulped down the bubble in her throat and twisted the clothing back to its rightful position, watching as Lydia's smirk widened.

"Well... look who's no longer the crazy one." Lydia chimed  in, addressing the rest of the group to move the gaze off of Haley.

"We're not crazy." Alison retorted, her hands flailing in the air as her eyebrows furrowed.

"Whose not crazy?" Haley queried, covering her lips as she yawned. Alison's expression mutated into distress, she was adamant nothing was wrong.

They had only just got rid of the alphas.

"We're not crazy!" She shrieked, groaning as her finger wove into her hair and groped her scalp.

"Hallucinating? Sleep paralysis? Yeah you guys are fine..."   Lydia gloated as she folded her arms and waited in anticipation for the reaction.

Alison glared at the strawberry blonde, she couldn't stand the high Lydia was getting from their problem.

Haley found it very Lydia like.

"We did die and come back to life. That's got to have side effects right?" Scott tried to settle the ground, his hands outstretching between the two teenage girls.

Haley's gaze stuck to her feet as the words fell into the heavy air. Stiles squeezed Haley's shoulder as her loose hair draped down her face, covering her shifting expressions.

She was happy for one small moment, only to be reminded of the nightmare she resided within.

The bells shrill pang erupted into the air, as if to alert Haley there was no escape from her constant fear. Stiles sighed as he came to the same conclusion, he only wished to stop feeling or to find a way out.

"We keep an eye on each other, okay? And Lydia, stop enjoying this so much." Stiles stated, the last thing they needed was for anything to happen.