•Five•

Confessions.

Midnight.

The moons bright reflection blared through Haley's curtains as the material danced with the whisper of wind.

Sleep was far out of question at the point of 12pm, the new day dawning and the stilinski household still silently awake.

Haley adorned a scruffy bun and a ripped jumper, huddling for warmth as she clutched to the blanket swarming around her.

If she could just keep her eyes open, she wouldn't have to recall that nightmare.

She wouldn't have to recall him.

But it was no good.

Her eyelids drooped at their sudden weight, her lips parted at the disdainful yawn clawing at her tongue. And eventually, her body fell backward against the warmth of her quilt.

As soon as her eyelids fluttered shut however, they snapped back open.
The window, which had been left foolishly ajar, chattered as the frame slotted up.
The curtains growled as the new visitor welcomed themselves into her home.

Haley's vision was blurry at first.
The body refracted the light so they only filled with darkness.

But the body frame was enough.
Their broad shoulders and cocky stance oozed with ex alphaness, and Haley didn't know whether she should be frightened or happy.

As their gazes met from across the room, Haley felt the wave of comfort wash through her, meaning
- well she was hoping-
it was the real Aiden.

Her head bounced back onto her pillow as she rolled to allow room on the bed for him. She guessed it would be a common appearance now that he had confessed his love to her- twice- and she had never said it back.
Well not when he was alive atleast.

Without talking Aiden slipped under the covers and allowed Haley to curl into his chest. The room was silent for a moment, which Haley appreciated deeply as it only confirmed this guy wasn't going to tear her throat out.

"Well then." Aiden finally broke the silence with a low shudder of breath. Haley craned her neck upward to try to see the man speaking, only resulting in hurting herself.

"Are you going to say it back?"Aiden finished in a cocky tone, he knew how she felt and knew she had trouble coming to terms with it.

But now that the alphas had gone, now he was going to join Scott's pack, surely she could admit it.

"Aiden, you've only just come back." Haley whispered as she pushed herself away from the werewolf and into an upright position.

Aiden followed suit, an eyebrow quirked and an agitated expression plastered against his lips.

"Your point being?" Aiden gritted his teeth, almost glaring at the brunette as she watched the werewolf intently.

"My point being that I'm not just going to fall ever so deeply in love for the guy who ditched me five minutes after I died." Haley covered swiftly, knowing fully well her cowardice stemmed from a different place entirely.

She was afraid to let him in for two reasons.

One- she would never fully know if she was dreaming or in reality with him.

Two- everyone she loved would leave. Her mother died.

"I thought we talked about this." Aiden muttered as he slouched against the stack of pillows behind him.

"Well maybe we didn't talk about it enough." Haley retorted, her voice faltering as she watched the distaste form in Aidens eyes.

"No." Aiden replied sharply, assessing the girl as he observed her actions.

"There's something else." He bit out, glowering at the girl as he presumed many different scenarios.

"There's nothing else."

"It's someone else. It's Scott isn't it."

"What?"

"So I leave for what, 3 weeks? And you go run off to alpha werewolf. Is it because I'm not an alpha anymore? Because I'll show whose the alpha." Aiden rambled as he imagined the decapitation of Scott's head, rolling away from him as he laughed with victory- blood soaking his hands.

"where the hell did you get that idea from?" Haley quickly replied, her eyebrows furrowing as she watched the anger flush through the guy picturing the death of her best friend.

"Well if you would just tell me what it is." Aiden retorted, both ignoring the loudness of their voices as the others slept soundly in their rooms.

"You never gave me a chance, you idiot. You were too busy killing Scott with a toothbrush." Haley snarled, hitting the back of aidens head as a form of punishment.

Aiden immediately grabbed her small wrist in his hands, dragging her body forward to close the agonisingly big gap between them both.

"Then tell me."

"It's not that easy."

"Yes it is- oh Aiden I can't possibly tell you how I feel about you when I'm obsessing over Scott McCall."
The werewolf impersonated, raising his voice several octaves in an attempt to sound feminine.

"Stop saying that!" Haley pushed her hand through his grip and against his chest, her glare hardening as he barley flinched.

"Then what is it?"

"I can't stop picturing you murdering me!" Haley finally shouted, even though their voices were tame incase of awakening her family, Haley found a way to be threatening enough to prevent questions.

Or atleast she thought.

"What?" Aidens voice suddenly paled in comparison to the volume of Haley's, his irises softening as she spoke the words to make his heart stop.

"It's a reoccurring nightmare, okay? Nothing to freak out about. Now I'm going to go to bed now."

And before he could respond, Haley had buried herself deep in the confinements of her duvet.

•••

630 reads.

Shout outs:
@Adela_Florea
@volleyballbeauty12
@kayaitken
@xprincessjazmynx
@Thesmartnerdgirl
@danaovando
@cici908

Please vote, comment, and add to your lovely reading lists.

Sorry for any mistakes,

Thank you for reading,

Goodbye X