•twenty eight•

Mindless whispers

Haley refused to sleep without her mothers book by her side

Instead she waited.

Her eyes were open, staring at the door to make it unlock. But it was hours before it did. Her hands had wrapped around her  knees and her fingers trembled through each breath.
She wanted her brother.

When the doors finally unlocked, Haley leapt from her position on the bed and trailed each corridor. It was scary to be alone.

She knew Malia wouldn't help her, and that the people whispering to themselves wouldn't suffice in calming her. The more she heard the whispers the more she became petrified.

You're not safe in here.

One muttered after she passed. She turned to look, but too afraid to confront.

He's coming.

Another sneered as they clung to the wall. Haley pushed through her thoughts and carried on walking, each step heavier than the last.

He's coming for you.

Her breathing was laboured as her feet struggled to walk, shaking vigorously with each new comment pushed her way.

Haley. He's already got you.

She took off in a sprint, weaving through the corridors with a pace so fast she hoped the voices trailed behind. And they did.

She reached the courtyard and immediately saw her twin, positioned by a boy who was touring him around the ward.

"That's Mary." The stranger noted as Haley noticed her brother.

"Mary Magdalene?" Her brother asked sarcastically, shaking his head as his gaze stuck to the floor.

"No, she also thinks shes Jesus. You'd be surprised how many Jesuses we get." Stiles sighed, turning around just as Haley sprang toward him.

Oliver, Stiles' roommate, stood bewildered as the two new twins reunited- refusing to let each other go as Haley leapt into a hug.

"I don't know who she is." The boy commented to the side, his eyebrows furrowed as he watched the pair mumble to each other.

"Hey, hey... lady, are you another Jesus?" He asked as the two finally separated. Haley shot him a bizarre look, her eyebrows furrowed at his notion.

"We're not safe here, stiles. They said he's coming- coming for us." Haley whispered as she turned back to her twin, his grip firmly on her arms.

"That's why we need to call someone, we need to call dad." Stiles informed her, looking back at the pay phone a girl was huddled over.

"G-guys. You can't call someone for 72 hours. It's the rules." Oliver stuttered, glaring slightly at the new girl.

"Screw the rules I want to go home." Haley growled, keeping her hand firmly attached to her brother.