•Four•

Broken cars

^(This does not need to be who Haley is portrayed by! Your representation is as valid as my own- and my own changes as frequently as the sun rises

^
(This does not need to be who Haley is portrayed by! Your representation is as valid as my own- and my own changes as frequently as the sun rises. LILY COLLINS IS NOT HALEY GRACE)

Haley had stolen the keys from her brother and snuck out from the constant stare of curious teenagers.

Being in school had become so physically hard for the stilinski, every direction she looked another nightmare was paved to the walls.
The blood stained across the floor.

The rain began to pour as her hands slipped down the steering wheel. The car may have been still and unmoving, but the quiet sanctuary Haley had for that split moment was comforting.

She saw eyes staring at her as teens skipped lessons and pondered the steps. Accusing looks flashed every which way and Haley couldn't help but let her anger out.

Her hands smacked against the cracking leather of the steering wheel. Her voice croaked as she shouted to herself, mute to the outside world.

Tiredness had overcome her and her body was fuelled with nothing but drowsy anger. As her head snapped back against the head rest her eyes clenched shut. Maybe if she stopped looking, everything would go back to normal.

The window glass vibrated as something tapped on the transparent object. Haley didn't bother looking up, if she showed no interest maybe they would go away.
But the tapping continued.

"Haley." A muffled voice called from the outside.

Her blood ran cold.

Haley quickly pinched herself before opening her eyes and glowering at the man behind the glass.

"Piss off aiden." She spat back, she just wanted to be alone. But no movement came and the boy stayed stood outside in the rain, waiting for the door to unlock.

"Do me a favour and open the door." Aiden stated as the handle jiggled.

But she couldn't. Her fingers trembled at the slight sound of his voice. She couldn't allow herself to open the door to something -someone- who had psychologically brought her pain.

Even if they didn't know it.

She remained silent as she stared down at her pale hands, sliding her fingers across the cracks aligning the steering wheel.

Aiden could hear her heart beat rise, could feel the fear trace through her body as the bitter tears escaped her eyes.

Her palms turned white.

Aiden sighed at her stubbornness, muttering about how hard it was to handle a stilinski.

His hand gripped the door frame, his hair clinging to his face from the pellets of rain shooting through the air.

With one grunt of aggravated pain, the door was pried open- leaving dents along the edge.

Haley's gaze snapped to the now open car door, her mouth gaped and eyes wide before she shot an accusing look to the culprit.

"YOU JUST BROKE MY CAR." She shouted through the whispers of rain now attacking the inside of the vehicle. Aiden shrugged as he let the car door hang loosely on its hinges.

"You wouldn't let me in." He stated, eyebrow cocked. Haley scoffed her hands flailing in the air as the fear washed away by anger.

"You broke my car! I love this car!" She yelled, scowling at the man who had literally just pulled apart the lock. Aiden folded his arms and ignored the sticky clothes now clinging to his skin.

"I had good reason to!" He retorted, she needed a new car anyway. He didn't think that piece of junk could even class as a car anymore.

"Oh please, tell me your reason that's good enough to break my freaking car apart." She scoffed, wiping away the old tears staining her cheeks and smearing her makeup.

Aiden was so riled up by her arrogance he had said something before even thinking.

His eyes were shining blue.

"I think the girl I'm in love with is going insane!"

Haley went silent.

Aidens eyes went wide.

That word hadn't been uttered since the day he had vanished. Since the day Haley decided if he did -in fact- love her, then he wouldn't have left her.

The word had become so tainted -so manipulated- that it no longer meant love.

So why did it make both people freeze in the cold brittle air, being able to do nothing but stare at one another?

Why did Haley's lifeless body suddenly fill with an encasement of animals so wild her gut had twisted?

And why did it leave Aiden, the ex alpha werewolf, so mute his whole caricature was questioned?

Because, Haley loved him too.

•••

450 reads by chapter 4?
Thank you !

I'm going along with how this book is going each week, I have no set "this will happen and then this and wow that happens." I'm basically going on the same journey as you, not knowing really what will happen next.

Thank you for the constant reads and love, and the support that just continuously flows with each chapter!

Shout outs:

@MagicOfMusic
@Ella_Hale
@georgiamary
@volleyballbeauty12
@daddyposey1
@JoJo_Glick
@dimitrarig8
@emilia_laas

Please vote, comment and add to your lovely reading lists.

Sorry for any mistakes,

Thank you for reading,

Goodbye X