•thirty three•

Respect for a spirit

The twins, now fully over taken by the nogitsune, slipped into one of the many vacant classrooms

The twins, now fully over taken by the nogitsune, slipped into one of the many vacant classrooms. Yet this one was not entirely evacuated, instead holding someone the nogitsune needed.

So the twins did as asked, and began interrogation.

"Coming in on a Saturday, now that's dedication. Where are they?" Stiles hummed as he pushed the door open and lazily came to a stop.

"I don't know what you mean." Mr yukimora stiffened at the sight of the twins, knowing just by their appearance, they were long gone.

Haley, with bags sunken deep under her eyes and hair a knotted mess, rose her eyebrow in questioning.

"Do you think playing stupid will work, mr Yukimora? Have you no respect for a 1000 year old fox?" Haley questioned with a sly tone, perching herself on a desk and kicking her feet back and forth.

She could already feel the discomfort radiating from the teacher, feeding off of his fear.

"Her little knives. Daggers, we know what they are. Physical representations of her tail." Stiles explained for the incompetent man, pushing several books to the floor after searching each one carelessly.

"However the freaking hell that works." Haley muttered, drumming a rhythm onto her thighs out of boredom.

"A little help, sister." Stiles spat, rolling his eyes as she rocked in her seat.

"I think you've got it covered." She smiled innocently, her eyes wide and doe like.

"Maybe you'd like to do some reading on it. I can direct you to the section of Japanese myth in the library." Mr Yukimora pressed as he panicked, face covered in alarm.

"Yeah, I was never one for books, can't seem to see the words." Stiles refused, shaking his head slightly as he pushed yet another book to the floor.

Haley turned to the teacher, a sinister grin plastered on her lips as she narrowed her gaze toward him.

"We wanted to talk to you, specifically. You specialise in certain foxes don't you, sir? Tell me if I'm right, the older the tail the stronger the Oni." Haley sneered, her hands groping the edges of the table as she kicked her legs back and forth.

Stiles crept his way up the space between desks, head tilted slightly as if analysing the man in front of him.

"We know there's one left. We know it's the strongest." His tone was slick with malice, breath heavy and cold.

"Unfortunately I don't know what you are referring to." Yukimora sighed, eyeing the boy that cautiously neared him. Haley groaned, a bitter taste lingering in the air.

"Again with the lies!" She shouted in agitation, flailing her arms around like a small agitated child.

"Don't worry Haley, he'll talk." Stiles soothed to his sister as he gripped onto the edge of a book left on the teachers desk. As he lifted it ever so slightly, a small fly flew toward yukimora and began to wriggle into the mans mouth.

"They always talk."

He began to choke, hand attached to his throat as his face turned blue.

Haley and Stiles slipped back into the desolate hallway, and ignored the cries of pain they left behind.

*****

"They won't have figured it out." Haley muttered, arms folded tight against her chest.

Stiles rolled his eyes as he shook his head, having heard the same sentence from his sister for the fifth time.

"Just wait five more minutes, Haley. They'll be speeding toward us as we speak." Stiles retorted, cracking the bones in his neck as he readied for what would come next.

"So you're telling me a freaking chess board, of all things, will tell them to come here out of all of the places in beacon hills." She scoffed, peering out the large window behind them as the night sky beckoned.

"We have no connections to Dereks loft, at all." Her voice grew quiet as her mind wandered off, fragments of distorted memories cradling her mind.

She could feel herself trying to break through, but the nogitsune was stronger. Quickly, she snapped out of her train of thought at the sound of the door scraping open.

Stiles stood smugly glaring at his sister before the facade of innocence came creeping in. Just before their 'rescuers' entered, Haley mumbled.

"Oh, I stand corrected."

*****

Tears licked Haleys cheeks as she stared toward her father, eyes sore from crying. The twins stood together, and watched their father advance toward them in quiet panic.

"If my kids are still in there, if there's still a part of them standing here in front of me, then they will put these handcuffs on willingly." Noah Stilinski soothed, dropping two sets of handcuffs into view with a clatter of metal.

Haley nodded, wiping the stained tears from her face and raising her hands in obedience. As the cold metal touched her wrist, Noah continued.

"And they will come with me, because they know I am here to protect them from themselves and from others." As his voice came to a whispered stop, and the set of handcuffs were now on both of the twins, a sly smirk crept on Stiles' lips.

"You're not my kid." With quick pace, Noah was rushing backward with grief in his eyes. The twins began to laugh quietly, ripping off the handcuffs in moments.

"No, but I am getting so good at fake crying don't you think, dad?" Haley chuckled in hysteria, wiping away the humorous tears painting her skin.

A wave of people had suddenly entered the room, weapons hidden wherever possible. Stiles laughed as he clapped his hands together, both twins assessing each familiar face.

"Now its a party."

•••

23.3k!

Short a/u, who watched the latest riverdale episode!? 😱

Shout outs:
@AidenIsMyOxygen
@Soraya0929
@hxlloway
@dream_believe_repeat
@thunderblink
@OfficalStephanieP
@WarriorHunter990
@void-aiden
@_ekee_39

Please vote, comment and add to those lovely reading lists,

Sorry for any mistakes,

Thank you for reading,

Goodbye X