•twenty three•

Fear of love

It was a two day blackout

It was a two day blackout. Haley felt as if she had only awoken after 48 hours of untouched rest.

It was like she had slept walked her way through each day, with no recollection of what she had done.

Stiles was carrying a duffel bag Haley dared not to look into. The twins had to sneak there way through the crowds of people very aware that the pair hadn't turned home since the hospital.
They needed Scott, only their alpha could help them.

Haley had an emitter clutched within her grip as she stood shakily in the darkness of the school basement. She looked cautiously at stiles, both of their hearts racing.

"They won't believe us stiles. They won't believe it is us." Haley whispered into the sharp air, her eyes dry and lips quivering.

"It's Scott, Haley. He has to." And as if on cue three werewolves ran down the stair case.

Haley sucked in a breath as her eyes connected with Aiden, the raw emotion flooding silently between the two.

"I know what you're thinking, but I swear to god it's me." Haley's voice was near to mute, her pain ravaging her normal tone into a shrivelled mouse.

The three were startled to see the twins hiding in the shadows, not wanting to let their hopes up. After a moment or so ethan had stiles by the neck, both betas eyes shining a vivid blue that made Haley flinch at the recollection.

Aiden had frozen at the sight of the frightened girl, it made him scared that she had become so silent and pained.

Stiles chocked in pain, sending Scott to stop the beta from killing the boy. But Haley and Aiden were still stood silent, staring at one another.

Haley's gaze was almost dismissive. Aidens calculating. It was the teardrops that had spiked at Haley's eyes that confirmed to him, that it was in fact her. His girlfriend, who had disappeared for two days after being apart of a sabotage so large people died. And she barely knew what happened.

Aiden rushed toward her, lifting her body into the air as he clutched at her frame. One hand at the nape of her neck, the other supporting her back. And all he could think about was that scent.

The scent of rosemary and thyme.
Of roses and buttercups.
Of Haley Stilinski. Pure and innocent.

"It's me Scott. I swear it's me. I don't know where we have been the last two days or what we have done. But it's me, okay." Stiles pleaded as he fell from Ethan's grip, his eyes wide as he begged for Scott to believe them.

The alpha didn't know what to believe, but he wanted to believe it severely. To believe it was his best friends. His gaze flickered to the mumbling brunette cradled in aidens arms, his own body ached in the familiar anguish he felt around her. The pain that was only heightened with hers.