•twenty six•

A poison dart laced with love

"Aiden, what the hell are you doing here?" Haley muttered as she yanked the chattering window upward and pulled the ex alpha into the warmth of her room

"I came to check up on you, Scott told me what happened." He explained, a soft grip placing itself on her arms.

haley sighed, the heavy weight she had forgotten only moments ago thrusted back onto her shoulders.

"I'm fine, what ever deaton gave us helped. But its only a matter of time before..." Haley mumbled, her head hanging low at her fragmented memory.

She couldn't remember what had happened, but she she felt the amount of pain that flooded through her body.

"Where are you going?" Aiden broke the silence, looking back at the duffel bag slumped upon her bed.

Haley turned away and quickly chucked the bag to the side, fumbling around the room to break the tension.

"Haley?" He pressed, taking her wrist and spinning her around in hesitation.

"I have to go away for a while." She answered vaguely, keeping her scared expression directed to the floor.

"Where do you have to go? Ill come with you." aidens tone was soft as he brought his hands to her warm cheeks, rubbing soft circles of comfort.

"You can't come with me aiden. Its not safe." Her breath was shallow and her eyes were glassed, something Haley had gotten used to was the fear settled within her stomach- something rooted too deep to extract.

"I'm a werewolf, I was an alpha. Whatever is scaring you, Haley Grace. I will protect you."

Love was something Haley didn't think she would experience until she had settled in college, but it was the look she saw within her boyfriends eyes, the fear embedded within his expression; that told her that she was wrong.

She had already experienced love, and it was both traumatising and addictive.

"I'm going to the Eichen house, they're going to help me." She soothed, her hands delicately stroking his callous hands as they stayed firmly planted against her cheeks.

"No they're not! They're all delusional there, a place full of whack jobs will not help you Haley! I can help you." His hands dropped and he stumbled backward, anger threading easily through his skin.

"You can't Aiden! I am ill, and I am not getting any better. And I'm sorry but this is something I have to do." Haley couldn't yell, but the agitation was clear even through her tired eyes.
And for the first time Aiden gave up.

"Okay." He murmured, retreating to his previous position.

"Okay?" She laughed quietly, tears pricking at the corner of her eyelashes.

"Okay. But if you ever want to get out of there, and I mean at whatever time. Call me, and I will fight my way in if I have to. I will do anything for you Haley Grace."

Love was a funny thing, after all it was a poison. And that poison had tainted Haleys thoughts, dreams, and feelings.

If there was an anecdote, even if she was taunted by the tranquility it may bring, Haley would never take it.
She would never want a life without love, a life without him.

•••

15.7k!

I wish not offend anyone with my comment on eichen, after all this is only fiction and not a portrayal of my own opinions.

Mental health is a serious issue, and I do not want anyone to disregard it's importance to someone's health.
Even anxiety can effect everyday situations.

Shout outs:
@oxLittleMissMinion
@Natyj0630
@Messedhead
@AudreyGarcia07
@Soraya0929
@Obroseyf
@Slyther_Queen
@OfficalStephanieP
@xBrigit

Please vote, comment and add to those lovely reading lists.

Sorry for any mistakes,

Thank you for reading,

Goodbye X