•Six•

Mistaken reality.

Haley woke up screaming

It was the same dream again.
The blaring blood eyes.
The sardonic snarl.
The pain ripping through her skin.
And Aiden had seen it all.

For the first time, he was able to witness the trauma Haley went through each night.

Each day.

At first notice, was a small tremor as her body began to shake. It was the undeniable cries that would slip past her lips.
It was his name she would mumble.

And then her hands wretched from his body, grasping the sheets as the mumbles turned into to bloodshot shrieks.

And it was the pain that laced each of her movements that made Aiden feel the wave of guilt he felt.

The door was locked, although the handle rattled after an attempt to enter. Aiden knew he either had to risk everything and save her.
Or run, like he did the last time.

"Haley." Aiden whispered as he pinned her thrashing arms to the bed. The girl cried in anger, screeching a hollering 'no!' As she tried to break free.

The person on the other side of the door gained in desperation.

"Wake up, Haley." Aiden shouted this time, sending the door to immediately stop vibrating.

Haley's eyes snapped open, meeting the gaze of the werewolf who had her pinned on her own bed.

This must still be a dream.

As aidens grip loosened, and Haley's instinct was set on survival, the girl flung her body weight over the top of the werewolf and flung them off of her bed.

The two bodies smacked against floor as Haley kneed his stomach and reached for the closest thing to her.

The bat.

With the cold metal tightly wrapped in her grip, Haley finally looked down at the werewolf underneath her.

He wasn't angry, no red eyes.

He was shocked, a comical expression plastered on his face.
But that wouldn't fool Haley.

So instead and without hesitance she slid her legs to fit either side of him, positioning the bat just above her head to swing down on enough impact.

Just as she was about to snap the metal around the murderers head, the door swung open.

Aiden and stiles both screamed in unison as Haley's gaze pierced into aidens- waiting for the red.

"Haley!" They both hollered as the bat came slamming down, immediately impacting against aidens hands as he hid his face from the sporting equipment.

Haley's eyes widened, stiles could see Aiden. Which meant, this was Aiden.

Her brother, who was confused from what he had walked in on, slowly walked toward the pair and untangled her from the werewolf.

His hands softly found her cheeks as he assessed any injuries the werewolf may have given her.

"It's okay hale, your safe now." Stiles whispered to his sister as his hands dropped to her shoulders and pulled her into a bone crushing hug.

Haley's eyes were still wide as she comprehended nearly smashing her 'kind of boyfriends' head in. Her hands awkwardly found stiles back as she patted it slowly. Her eyebrows knitted together.

So she was awake...

Aiden had jumped up off the floor, brushing any dirt from his body as his eyes stayed glued to Haley.

"Okay... what the hell was that?" Aiden questioned as the two slowly detached themselves from each other.

Stiles glared at the guy in his sisters room, grabbing the bat from the floor and clapping the metal against his hand.

"Okay, so there's a bit of explaining to do." Haley murmured as she glanced between both boys.

Stiles scoffed, glancing back at his sister in disbelief.

"A bit? There's so much explaining to do you could write a freaking monologue Haley!" Stiles retorted, his eyebrow cocked.

The girl nodded, slowly taking the metal bat from her brother before any more harm could be inflicted on anyone.

"True. But right now, I just want to sleep." She notified the boys, placing the bat back down where it belonged. Both boys agreed, stiles sending a warning glare at the werewolf.

"You can leave now fido." Stiles spat, his anger flushing out as the tiredness scarring under his eyes and movements clung to his every word. Aiden cocked his eyebrow, a smug snarl plastered on his lips.

"You can go now." The werewolf reiterated, stepping closer to the fidgety brother.

Haley quickly jumped in front of them, well as quickly as a sleep deprived girl could, her hands pushing against both of their chests.

"How about we all go now." Haley sighed, glancing at the guys with frustration heaving through each breath.

A shrill ring of an alarm sprung from the air. The sound so obnoxious each person groaned as it gained in loudness. Haley hated what that noise signalled.

For her, it literally signalled hell.

"Because we have school."

•••

864 reads
Nearly at the first 1k!

I am uploading late for the first time in this book. And I'm sorry!

I was travelling throughout London today because we went to the west end yesterday,
But I'm back now!

Shout outs:
@AllexisNelson
@Lawrencec141
@sydney_0402
@mih_araujo
@brynn_selman123
@miaerik
@Madison927

It's amazing how many new people there are each week, I'm happy so many are enjoying this book series as much as I enjoy writing them.

Please vote, comment, and add to them lovely reading lists.

Sorry for any mistakes,

Thank you for reading,

Goodbye x