•Eight•

That word

It was after school

It was after school.

The sun was slowly receding back behind the tree line, caressing the green like a mother to its child.

Stiles had begged his sister to stay with them when talking to Deaton, but Haley couldn't. She couldn't muster enough strength to find out what she had been thinking all along.
So instead she planned to stay home and wait for the dreaded call.

Haley had perched herself on the sofa, flicking through the channels as the flood of supernatural hour haunted the screen.

She wasn't in the mood for twilight.

The door creaked ajar from behind her, followed by a patter of footsteps creeping toward her. She immediately spun around in her seat, remote in hand to launch it across the room if need be.

It was Aiden.

He had his hands up, eyes shining blue and a soft smile staining his lips.

"It's just me. Look, blue eyes. Not red." He soothed, watching the remote clatter to the ground and the petite brunette slowly etch toward him.

She swerved around the sofa and buried herself deep within Aidens chest without saying a word. Tears burned her eyes, and her nails tugged at the fabric adorning his back.

For a moment it was silent, Aidens hand stroking the auburn tendrils of hair in soft movements.

"I'm sorry I'm so fucked up." Haley whispered as she relished in the scent of pine and oak. The boy laughed, squeezing the small body before slowly detaching her grip from him.

"Come on, we're going out." He informed the girl who was quizzically staring at him. Her eyebrows were furrowed and her eyes were slitted.

"What do you mean going out?" She questioned, folding her arms in anticipation.

"I mean, we've never gone on a date. So I'm taking you out." Aiden laughed, unwinding her arms and tugging her toward the door.

Haley was skeptical.
She wasn't allowed to be normal.
And this, this was a very normal thing to do.

"But going on a date means people will see us. No one has seen us 'together'." Haley thought of several reasons why it was a bad idea.

Her feet were numb, her eyes were sore- and she definitely didn't want to go on a date.
They reached the door, emitting both of them to a whirlwind of cold air.

"Don't worry. I'm pretty sure everyone already knows. And we'll go to a movie- sit at the back and be the annoying couple." He chuckled, waiting patiently for Haley to lock her door.

She froze at the last word, quietly unslotting the key from the lock and turning to face the werewolf.

"A couple?" Her tone was soft and slow, unable to grasp the idea of them being linked to that word.