•thirteen•

We're going on a barrow hunt.
Im a little bit scared.

Stiles was fuming as he pushed the doors open to school, smacking the toilet roll away as it was flung toward his head

"Dude good decision, good alpha decision." Stiles congratulated his best friend as they headed to their lockers.

"I hope so. I mean your sister was pretty pissed." Scott mumbled, his voice low as the last sentence stung on his tongue.

"Well she would be, she's an idiot." Stiles retorted, falling into line as they stopped by the wall.

"What are you looking at?" Stiles asked, slamming the locker to the wall to release the anger pent within his chest.

Scott looked from the girl across the hall back to his best friend, dazedly furrowing his eyebrows.

"Me?"

"You? You looking at her?" Stiles nodded toward the brunette as all her books collapsed from her hands and onto the floor.

"Her? Who her?"

"Her her. Kira. You like her?"

"No. I mean, yeah. Yeah she's okay, she new."

"So ask her out."

"Now?"

"Yes, now."

"Like right now?" Scott gulped.

"Right now. You need to get over the brunettes you've been pining over for years now. I don't think you get it yet. You're the alpha. The apex predator. Everyone wants you. You're like the hot girl every guy wants."

As stiles began to speak, Scott couldn't help but force the air down that was lodged in his throat. He knew stiles wasn't just speaking about Allison.
And he hated that.

"The hot girl?" He whispered, gently closing his door as the air settled around them.

"You are the hottest girl." Stiles beamed, patting the hot girl on his shoulder. Isaac nudged into the group, eyebrows furrowed and lips parted.

"I'm the hot girl." Scott grinned.
Isaac laughed, replacing stiles place as the twin slipped off.

"I mean Haley's pretty h..." Isaac began, cautiously receding from the statement as Scott shot him a horrendous glare.

No one spoke of Haley like that.

*****

Haley pushed through the hoard of teenagers, searching for her brother in a wave of undesirable pimply pupils.

She cringed as the familiarity settled with her. A soft grip suddenly pulled her to the side, making her fall onto the lockers with a thud.

She laughed as she saw the culprit, just by the gesture she could tell he wasn't the nightmare.

"No. You didn't come back here so we could make out in coaches office." Haley noted, folding her arms as she felt his hands rest beside her head.

"Well I definitely didn't come back for algebra." He smirked, dipping his head slightly to inch closer to the brunette.

"Really? I always thought you loved math." She chuckled, laughing as she attempted to swerve out of the proximity.

And failed.

"Mmmhmm." Aiden hummed before the pair finally kissed.

The action didn't last long as Haley could feel the heated glare across the hallway. People passing knocked into them as they muttered profanities, only audible to the ex alpha.

But as one shrill scream echoed through the walls, Haley knew it was important.

"Haley!" Stiles shouted, standing off to the side as his glare almost burnt into their skins. Aiden chuckled as he drew back, sending stiles a not so subtle smirk.

"Stop using me to make him angry. Don't think I don't realise you probably heard him before." Haley stated, eyebrows raised.

Aiden grinned as he allowed her finally out of his hold. The twin hurried down the hallway, hitching her bag up her shoulder as she scuttled to her brother.

"This better be important stiles." She muttered as they fell into step with one another.

"Dad called."

*****

A mass murderer had escaped.

And he was somewhere in the school.
Or atleast the pack thought so.
Lydia, their own banshee, had admitted to the constant flies consuming her hearing for the entirety of the day.

The same animal to erupt from the murderers stomach ulcer seconds after protrusion.

And Haley would have been lying if she said she wasn't scared.

After all, they were on a Barrow hunt.

*****

"We didn't find anything." Aiden declared as the group formed outside the school.

3pm had passed and people were hurrying out of the school in swarms. Haley's heart was thudding, matching the stomps of the parade hoarding out of the school stairs.

Barrow was still out there.
Even she could sense it.

"Not even a scent?" Scott asked, the only smell wafting through the air was the fear radiating from every last one of them.

The werewolves shook their head.

Subconsciously the alpha went to comfort the brunette who had sleep dowsing her features.

His hand had outstretched inches away from her fingertips when another werewolf had caught his actions and pulled her closer to him.

The subtle fight between alpha and omega was silent, sneering glances cast until the girl in the middle yawned and leant toward her boyfriend.

She was oblivious.
More so infatuated with the problem at hand, and how it felt that she should somehow know more.

It was the gut feeling lodged in Haley's stomach, the escape was far more connected to them than what they thought.

And the Stilinski twins were stuck in the middle.

•••

2.81k!

I'm sorry it's a late update, but I wanted to update this week before the start of my exams.

Thank you for all the support for my little break that will start soon. I will try to fragment chapters here and there. I do have some back up chapters ready.

Shout outs:
Gummybearz1009
@CheyenneMurray2
@loochiebaby
@arianna_pendragon
@Hunter-94
@ClaireDumontMG
@dancemomsfannn
@xvoidbiles

Please vote, comment, and add to those lovely reading lists.

Sorry for any mistakes,

Thank you for reading,

Goodbye X