•Forty•

The rise of darkness

The twins woke up with the simple name "Malia

The twins woke up with the simple name "Malia."

It sparked their own souls to ignite once again and soon enough their eyes had snapped open. But they weren't filled with relief or comfort. They were filled with a nauseating sickness that forced their throats to collapse in a heap.

Haley chocked as she pulled out a piece of string, soon leading to a bandage that would not end. Stiles began to regurgitate the same material, and soon the twins were on the ground and gagging for breath.
The pack didn't know how to respond, after all did they know if it was really them?

The pain was evident in Haley's eyes as her boney fingers yanked at the material leaking past her lips. Eventually it stopped and left a heap on the floor, something that only resembled darkness and pure evil.

The room fell silent as the twins collapsed backward and panted to regain strength, still horrendously weakened from the previous experiences.

A bandaged hand outstretched from the darkness oozing from the material left on the floor. It clawed it's way through the wood and up out into the open space, sending everyone to jump backwards.

The nogitsune rose from the ashes of its bandages, and had managed to free itself into the world once again.

"Everyone is seeing this right?" Aiden muttered, biting his lip and waiting anxiously for someone to interfere and kill the kitsune. Instead, it's bandaged hand began to unravel the material clinging to its face and added the waste to the pile already shrivelled onto the floor.

It unwinded to reveal a blurred face, still hidden enough to confuse its identity. And then it began to dissipate. It's body vibrated as if it were about to explode, like splitting an atom but instead the entirety of its being. It carved itself in half, and slowly familiar faces began to shine through.

There stood two half's to one whole.

With copies directly behind them, the pack had to figure out. Which of the stilinski twins were real.

*****

Haley hooked her arms around her knees and huddled onto Scott's bed. Melissa McCall was checking her brothers health, so Haley was left rampant with her thoughts.

The void twins had fled with Lydia Martin, sending waves of panic to flood the room and of accusations to rise. Aiden had tried to comfort her, to tell her everything would be okay. But how could she possibly think that way when she didn't even know if she was truly herself.

So instead, aiden stood watching by the doorframe as her body shivered from the cold. He had to fight the urge to wrap her in his arms, and to whisper sweet nothings.

Haley couldn't make eye contact with anyone, and it wasn't until she was called upon when she finally looked up.

"You don't have to do this." Scott mumbled as he stood beside aiden, tension thick between the two. The twins nodded but reluctantly rose from the bed, stiles hesitantly finding his sisters hand.

"We know. But we have to." He replied shortly, heading down the dark corridor and to what could possibly be the end.

Noshiko stood in the darkness, waiting for triumph. She did not want to kill two innocent kids, but at the cost of hundreds of lives she would have to.
Haley hiccuped away a dry cry, dropping her grip of her brothers hand and swiping away the dread in her skin.

"Stop!" Kira yelled as she darted through the entrance and into the living room, eyes wide with alarm.

"Don't worry, Kira. We called her here." Stiles reassured, darkness trailing behind him. Kira was skeptical, her fingers tracing the blade delicately awaiting a fight.

"You want to get stabbed a hundred times?" She scoffed, allowing her mother to pull her behind the semi-doting frame.

"It's the only way." Noshiko retorted, her expression emotionless. In a puff of black smoke, Oni surrounded them and came clamping down on the darkness residing in the twins.

In a fleet of panic, Haley shared a final glance with the blue eyed werewolf watching scared in the shadows and trembled under his gaze.

"I'm scared." She whispered, cold tears rolling down her cheeks and the mere thought of the end. But Aiden had no time to react, with a firm grip on his bicep from the alpha he had to wait and watch.

The oni grabbed the twins and allowed wisps of their being to leak onto their skin. The vivid gold glare of their irises burnt Haley's eyes but she never looked away. She allowed the coldness to flood her body, as it formed a sense of tranquility around her.
If this was her end, she would greet it graciously so the others couldn't get hurt in her aftermath.

Suddenly, the twins had collapsed on the floor followed by the Oni's disappearance. It was Noshiko who ordered for the twins to be checked, to see if they had survived the Oni. Aiden hesitantly went forward, kneeling down next to the limp frame and resisting the urge to cry.

He rolled her body over slightly, and gently pushed her brunette tresses away from her ear. The room fell silent as he looked up at the alpha, eyes wide and unreadable.

They waited for his response, tension building in the room like a prison. He nodded slightly and began to smile, pulling the frail girl into his chest and kissing her head.

"It's okay." He whispered, followed by sighs of relief from everybody waiting patiently. Because the twins passed the test, and they finally had them back.

•••

40.5k!

Sorry for the late update.

Shout outs:
@stephaniejabbour
@GirlWithCrushesXD
@Soraya0929
@Fanfi_Queen
@ZaRaRajpoot
@OfficalStephanieP
@Void-Aiden
@AidenIsMyOxygen
@slyther_queen

Please vote, comment and add to those lovely reading lists.

Sorry for any mistakes,

Thank you for reading,

Goodbye x