•thirty•

The keys

Haley sat on her bed, legs tucked and hair loosely falling down against her cheeks

She was fixated on the white pills sprawled against her palm, fear imbedded into her stomach. It was up to her to prevent the nogitsune from taking over, from destroying beacon hills and everyone in it.

All she had to do was stay awake.

But it was becoming harder. Sleep nagged at her skin like pin pricks to a cushion, leaving red scratches patterned on her pale arms.

Her movements were growing slower, her mind shutting down, but she had to stay awake. With a sigh, she pushed the pills onto her tongue and winced at their harsh taste.

Haley barely had a second to think before the door began to creak open and her hand suddenly slid the pills into her pocket. There stood Malia Tate, the were coyote who had lost her fur.

Her hair was damp and clotted into thick rat tails, her expression plain and unfiltered. Haley rose her eyebrows in question, waiting for an appropriate answer to why the girl stood still by the threshold.

"What are you doing? Come on and hurry up, Stiles has a plan." The werecoyote groaned, yanking the brunette from her stiffened position and toward the door.

"What do you mean? Why would you know anything about Stiles' plans, when did you even see him?" Haley retorted, shaking off of her grip and following begrudgingly.

Malia rolled her eyes and continued to stroll down the hallway, ignoring the stressed stench protruding from the stilinski.

"He saw me in the shower. Is that what you wanted to hear? That your brother saw me naked?" Malia shot back, not even looking back as she addressed the startled brunette.

"No! I did not want to hear that! Oh god, just get me to my brother." She winced, falling into step with the coyote and pushing away any horrid thoughts lacing her mind.

*****

The keys for the basement slipped into stiles hand, as Oliver was escorted back into Echo house. Malia shrugged as she disappeared, a sly smirk stuck to her lips.

Stiles had told Haley what his plan was, much to her distaste. But the coyote seemed overly thrilled, just the simple idea of regaining her fur made her giddy with enthusiasm to help to twins.

"I dont like this." Haley muttered as the pair stumbled up to the basement door, her hands wrapped tightly against her chest.

"The doors locked Haley, okay? We need to get down there, its the basement." Stiles argued, fiddling with the keys as dozens clattered together.

"Still doesn't mean I have to like going down there." She mumbled agitatedly as she watched her twin fumble with the keys.

"Give them here." She demanded quietly, shoving one of the many keys into the stiffened lock.

"I thought you said he had all the keys?" She pressed, pulling out the rusted key as it protested to the lock. Stiles gritted his teeth as he stared at the clattering objects, unaware of the new presence.

"He does." But his voice was barley heard over another, more huskier and humoured than the boys.

"I do." Brunski, the head orderly, observed as he watched the pair freeze in front of him.

Haley slowly, and awkwardly, rose and turned with a hesitant look. Her gulp loud enough for both men to hear.

"But no-one has a key for that door." The orderly explained, swiping away the keys from her hand in seconds.

Haley looked between her brother and Brunski with wide eyes, her nails digging into her palm as she began to quietly panic.

"Oh shit." She muttered under her breath, drawing small droplets of blood under her nails.

Brunski smirked, grabbing both by their necks and shoving them down the isolated corridor.

"Oh shit, indeed."

•••

19.9k!!

A couple days late I know.

But I just started and finished stranger things!!! And oml those kids are adorable!!

Shout outs:
@_Ekee_39
@XxsazaxX
@MaiaSmithy
@Soraya0929
@slyther_queen
@AidenIsMyOxygen

Please vote, comment and add to those lovely reading lists,

Sorry for any mistakes,

Thank you for reading,

Goodbye