•twenty five•

Raw emotion

Haley was packing her bags, leaving her room as pristine as it could have been for her return

Haley was packing her bags, leaving her room as pristine as it could have been for her return. The wind whistled as twilight blanketed the sky, rattling the window frame with each lick of air.

Truthfully, Haley didn't know if she would ever return to her room. If she would ever be able to sit in the middle of where most of her fondest memories ran.

A part of her knew the answer, but she would not allow her fear to show; not when her father was already so close to snapping. Haley glanced at the doorway, memories seeping through the threshold like a trickle of water from a dam.

"Stiles, what did I tell you about running in the hallway." A soft voice called down the corridor, freezing haley cold. Hesitantly the girl stumbled toward the origin of the voice, ducking her head toward the sound.

"Sorry mum, I can't hear you over haley clacking her tongue." A young stiles shouted as he whizzed passed hales startled frame, hands outstretched as if he were an aeroplane jetting through the sky. A small brunette haired girl muttered as she climbed the stairway, shooting little glares toward her brother.

"You have weird habits too, mischief." She grumbled, narrowing her small brown orbs toward her cackling sibling. Haley was dumbfounded as she watched the memory play out before her, knowing fully well what that day meant to her.

"Do not." Stiles yelled as he stopped and swerved his plane around.

"Do to." The small haley bickered, both kids storming towards each other like opposing armies.

"Do not!"

"Do to!"

Their little arms flailed, missing the pounding footsteps echoing behind them.

"Thats enough." Claudia stilinski demanded as the twins began to imitate the others habits. Haley froze as soon as her gaze darted to her mother: she looked young there, her frame slender and chocolate hair flowing down her back.

"Haley, Stiles. I want you to meet someone who will be going to your school. Scott mccall." A young boy, not yet adorning a crooked jaw, stood staring anxiously toward the static twins.

Haley could feel her heart yank against her chest like it had the day they met, her breath slipping past her chapped lips.

The little girl was the first to step forward, her eyes as round as saucers and her irises pooling with chocolate lakes. Slowly a grin rose to her lips, outstretching her hand with eager anticipation.

"I'm Haley Grace." She said proudly, quickly grabbing his hesitant hand.

"And I've never had a guy friend before!"

Haley whipped her body round and slammed her bedroom door shut, tears burning at the back of her eyelids as more memories came flooding in.

her palms rubbed any trace of shock from her eyes as she leant against the door, her heart thudding ferociously against her chest.

As she stumbled away, the door tore open and in stormed another wave of emotion. She heard a cry sound behind her, and there sat her 13 year old self deflecting the plastic bullets being shot toward her bed.

Haley shot her gaze back toward the door, where stiles and Scott had come sprinting in- a wild look in there eyes. Nerf bullets were flying in every direction, Haley found herself darting to miss its line of fire.

But the young girl sat shouting on her bed was not having such luck, a book was clasped in her hands and anger spread eagerly across her face.

The laughs radiating the room ceased the moment she dove off of the bed, taking her own nerf gun she had hidden underneath the covers.

"Not laughing now are we?" She sneered before shedding more bullets into her room. The boys glanced at one another, fake fear lacing her expression, before they leapt out of the line of fire.

Quickly chasing them out of her room, the brunette slammed her door shut; leaving haley once again alone with her thoughts.

The window rattled, and for a second haley thought yet another memory was about to attack. But with one look she knew reality had come back to haunt her instead.

•••

14.8k!!

I may start a weekly question just to stimulate conversation, what do you think?

Shout outs:
@Theshanketterrunner
@obroseyf
@slyther_queen
@OfficalStephanieP
@Soraya0929

Please vote, comment and add to those lovely reading lists.

Sorry for any mistakes,

Thank you for reading,

Goodbye x