•twenty four•

A poisoned kiss

They were tricked

They were tricked. Everyone was.

They spent hours at school, Haley wrapped up in Aidens jumper and awaiting for the bomb to go off. But it wasn't a bomb, not there at least.
The bomb was at the police station. 

Haley stood in the centre of the shrapnel that littered the entirety of the room. Everything felt so distant as a ringing consumed her hearing, her vision blurring as the noises got louder.

Death.

Innocent officers had fallen because of her, their bodies cold and lifeless around a panicked room. She could hear the distant yell from her father, screaming at her to move and leave the crime scene.

But it wasn't until two warm and rather large hands had pulled her toward the exit. Scott cuddled the girl into his side as the trio stumbled out into the reception, Haley detached from any of her surroundings.

Kira skidded to a stop in front of them, gasping for breath as she eyed the group in worry.

"It's the Oni." She said, finally drawing out Haley from her detachment.

"They're coming."

******

The vet was the only safe place the group could go, the walls were laced with mountain ash and although the Oni would get through eventually- it would buy them time.

As Kira, Scott, Stiles, and Haley stumbled out of the car and toward the back door; the darkness blanketed them.

The Oni had come back, more powerful and negligent than before. And they were ready to kill whoever stood in between them and the nogitsune.

"Stiles, Haley, get inside!" Scott roared as he threw Haley the keys and turned back to their attackers.

Haley fumbled with the keys as she tried to unlock the door, grunting as her fingers slipped from the water pattering against her skin.

Stiles pushed her out of the way, shoving the door open and diving inside.

"Kira!" The twins yelled as they stood at the threshold, waving for the girl to join them in safety. But she was already jumping on to one of the men is masks.

Haley held her breath as Kira tackled one to the ground, using its own sword to weaken it.

With only seconds looking away from their alpha, a sword was shoved into his stomach and the pain from earlier erupted in haleys chest.

As the last of the Oni were fought off, the twins grabbed Scott and called for Kira to follow. Blood poured from his wound as it was unable to heal whilst the metal was still clasped in his skin.

The twins dropped him against the counter, Haley was ready to help Kira pull the sword out. Until her whole body filled with darkness.

Her entire stance changed as her pupils overtook her irises and her vision went dark. Kira gripped the sword still attached to Scott, but with moments before she was ready to pull it out a hand connected to her head and she was sent flying against the metal table.
Knocking her cold.

Scott gasped as he noticed the sly smirk painted on Haley's lips, watching as the twins mimicked each other's posture.

This was the first time he had seen the nogitsune fully take over both of their bodies, this was the first time he was truly afraid of them.

Stiles grabbed the weapon implanted into his alpha and smiled sardonically as he writhed in pain.

"Does it hurt?" He chuckled, twisting the sword in further.

"You should have done your reading Scotty." Haley sang as she cocked her eyebrow at the werewolf, a sickening smirk on her lips.

"A nogitsune feeds off chaos, strife and pain. This morning you took it from Isaac. And then you took it from Coach. And then you took it from that dying deputy." Stiles pouted, twisting the sword again. Haley's eyes went doe and wide as she placed a hand on Scotts shoulder.

"You took that away from us scotty. Now, give it back." She growled before her lips attached to his and she began to draw out all of the pain he had stolen.

The nogitsune was not foolish, and could fuel off of Scott's jealousy as it began to fester inside of Haley.

Whilst she would be oblivious, the nogitsune knew how he felt. He knew from the memories to the aura he had received off of both of the twins. And it would only make its game more fun.

Veins prickled Haley's cheeks as the pain moved from Scott to her. Stiles was feeding off the pain from gripping Scotts arm, but it was nowhere near as intoxicating as what Haley felt.
She felt alive.

As the pain was eradicated from Scott, she began to chuckle. Her breath fanned his skin as she kept her hands still firm on his cheeks and an evil glint as she stared the disheveled boy in the eye.

"Never trust a fox scotty." She whispered, the black veins still travelling down her body.

"They'll fool you. They'll fool everyone." She laughed, her head falling backward slightly.

"Not everyone." A voice sounded from behind her, and before she knew it the fox so eager to fool her friends was poisoned. And she fell into darkness.

Her body collapsed onto Scotts, falling limp in his already loose grip. Stiles had fallen to the floor, but Scott couldn't bring himself back into reality. Not after what had just happened.

"Was that a cure? Are they going to be okay?" Scott mumbled as he almost cradled the fragile frame of Haley in his arms. Deaton stepped into the light, shoving the needles back into his pocket.

"The fox is poisoned. But it's not dead. Not yet."

•••
13.8k!!

I know, that was very unexpected. But writing should never easily anticipated.

I actually really like this chapter, and believe it shows  the nogitsunes potential and lack of remorse.

Remember, the nogitsune did that. Not Haley and it does not say anything about her character.

Shout outs:
@soraya0929
@OfficalStepanieP
@slyther_queen
@DestinyDuldey16
@Fanfi_Queen

Please vote, comment and add to those reading lists,

Sorry for any mistakes,

Thank you for reading,

Goodbye X