Mine (Au!Marco Bodt x Male!Reader)

As a man, you don't really use the word 'adorable'; it was just too girly and ran the risk of having your man card revoked. However you did make exceptions for certain things, or in this case, people. Marco Bodt, despite being a rough and tough 'manly man', was adorable. Every time you saw him you wanted to just hug him. Those freckles were absolutely adorable after all.

"(First), stop it." Marco growls as he slaps your hands away from his face once again.

"Ah come on, I'm not hindering you working." You reply, leaning on his shoulders a little bit.

Marco rolls his eyes at you, "I don't understand why I go out with you sometimes."

You once again pinch him on the freckled cheeks, "Because I'm too damn hot for you to say no to."

Marco laughs, "Yeah sure, clearly that's it."

Marco turns back to his computer screen to go and start typing again. You watch on and sigh, the reason you popped into work was to hopefully spend time with your boyfriend. He'd been working overtime so much that when he got back to the apartment you both shared he was too tired to do anything else than eat a miniscule dinner and go to bed.

"Hey, I guess I'll have to catch you later since you're so busy." Standing up you start heading toward the door to his office.

Marco stops tying and looks back at you, "(First), please don't be mad. Mr. Ackerman has been busting my butt to get these articles in before the end of the week and I'm running out of time."

"Nah it's cool, I did come over unannounced anyways. I should probably just leave you to work; I'll leave dinner out again." With that you leave the office, feeling pretty low.

Going out to a local café you frequent, you get a table and sit there, brooding. Pulling out your computer from your satchel you start to work on it. You know that you shouldn't be angry with Marco because he just was doing his job and his boss was pretty unreasonable.

A hand slides across the table top with a coffee in its grip. Setting the coffee down it retracts and you look up to see Reiner Braun standing there holding out a hand for the change. You fork it over and grin, "Thanks man, you make ordering so easy. By the way that little addition of the hat to your head makes you look adorbs!" You tease and wink.

"Well you looked like you could use a pick me up. I take it Marky-boy is working late?"

You take a sip out of the drink, "Yeah, apparently he has a whole bunch of articles due today so it looks like I'm eating alone again."

Reiner takes a seat opposite of you and gives you a weird look. You've known Reiner for a long time, long enough to friend zone him. However there were some times where there were little things he would do or say that would make you think perhaps he was actually gay. Not to mention he didn't seem to really get along with Marco. He wasn't openly hostile but he certainly wasn't as friendly as he was with you.

"Man, explain something to me; how is it that you can stay with him after being ignored like this?"

You look at him sharply, "Marco is the best thing that happened to me. When I was younger and we first met I was a complete hot mess. I was mean, horrible, and an all around loser. Yet he stayed with me through my worst moments and was nothing but kind and loyal. It made me love him all the more. If I left him after someting so stupid as this then I'd be unworthy of the love he's given me over the years."

Reiner's brows crease, "Yeah but hasn't this been going on for a month now?"

"It doesn't matter, I would rather him ignore me for the rest of my life than lose him to another man."

Reiner's brows crease even further and he reaches over, brushing your fingers with his own, "You're a better person than me. I really didn't want to say anything but I can't keep quiet any longer. I like you a lot and I can't  stay quiet about this anymore. I know I probably can't convince you or anything but I just want you to know."

"You're right, you can't convince me. I'm with Marco and I'm not going to be with anyone else. Besides, I'm-."

"He's mine." Arms loop around your neck and you look up to see Marco standing behind you, looking very threatened, "Back off."

You grin back at the blonde, "As I was about to say, he's mine and I'm his." Reiner only gets up and walks off.

Once Reiner is back behind the counter Marco takes the seat previously occupied by the blonde. You look at him confused, "Hey what are you doing here? I thought you were probably going to work through lunch."

"I was originally but then I felt bad because I really haven't been around lately. Not to mention I really missed you. Looks like I got here just in time actually." His expression turns sour, prompting you to grin.

"My, my darling, are you jealous?"

Marco gains the most adorable blush on those freckled cheeks of his, "N-no... I just don't like the way other men look at you. It's like you're a piece of meat or something and that doesn't make me happy."

You reach over the table and grasp his chin between your fingers, "Hey, as I said before you're beautiful and you're mine. No other man will ever measure up to you. Besides, your freckles are too cute to leave."

"Did you just say imply that my freckles are the only reason you're staying with me?"

"No!" You sigh and sit back in your chair, taking a sip from your coffee, "I just am saying that I have a weakness for freckles."

Marco laughs a bit and grabs one of your hands, smoothing his thumb over the skin there, "I'll take your word for that."

As you sit there looking at your boyfriend you can't help but think that you got lucky. Yeah, perhaps your relationship with him wasn't perfect but it was good enough for you. Marco was kind and loving; he'd never leave you without a good reason. It was one of the deciding factors on if you wanted to propose to him or not; like you had any doubts though.

**************************************************************************************************************

Okay! I hope you like this @jagerBombastic! Honestly I luffles Marco to death but don't always have the best ideas from him. Needless to say I hope you liked this! XD