Addition to the family (Levi/Rivaille x Male!Oc)

Ashe had to agree that Levi was indeed the only one capable of balancing him out. Despite them being opposites, they worked. Ashe was the happy-go-lucky, risktaker, head-in-the-clouds guy while Levi was more down to earth and level headed. He gave Ashe the reality check he sorely needed, even if he didn't want to hear it at times. Still though, there were a few things that he absolutely wanted. 

"Awe come on!" 

 “Ashe this is a bad idea. First off if you don’t like it then I’m stuck with your whiny ass until you get over it. So really think about it.”

The tall Ravenette pouts and holds up the puppy, “B-but how could I not like a puppy? Honestly babe I don’t know where you get these thoughts…”

Levi scowls and slaps a hand over his fiancé’s mouth, “Fine, what if you find that you can’t take care of it? I’m not going to be left to take care of this thing all on my own.”

Ashe pulls away and pouts, “C’mon, this little guy will be our love child! I would never neglect our baby!”

For once Levi is mostly speechless at the randomness coming out of Ashe’s mouth. Love child? “Ashe, you’re an idiot. Put the dog down and let’s talk about this at home.”

“B-but…”

“Ashe Michaels.”

Ashe huffs and sets the adorable puppy back down in it’s cage, “I swear Levi, you treat me more like your child than your significant other.”

“Then grow up already.” Levi shoves his hands in his pockets and looks over at Ashe.

Ashe snorts but none the less follows his short lover out of the store. Levi unlocks the car and the two get in. The entire ride home Ashe is silent, staring out the window. He really wanted that puppy; it was an adorable cream colored Corgi. Those adorable eyes had gripped Ashe from the very beginning and he'd tried his damnest to get Levi on his side for that one. Unfortunately it would probably take a lot more persuasion.

Levi flicks on the turn signal to get into the lane for the off ramp toward home. He knew Ashe was disgruntled but for now he didn't care. Ashe had this way of diving off the edge of a cliff without testing the waters. He acted now and thought later, something that had gotten them into trouble one too many times. Besides, how would they be able to take care of a puppy with their busy schedules right now? He was a lawyer while Ashe was a journalist for the Times paper. Both of them were running around the city and barely had time together as it was. 

Once again Ashe lets out a huff and Levi flicks his eyes over toward the beautiful ravenette, that was a true 'unhappy Ashe' trait; he'd huff and sigh until someone finally broke the silence. As it was right now Levi didn't feel like breaking it, he'd rather get home first before all of the bombs started going off. Pulling into their apartment complex Levi kills the engine and Ashe is already through the door, apparently he was more upset than he thought. 

Ashe makes it to the apartment first and digs his key into the lock. He was really more upset about this than he thought he would be, it certainly wasn't the first time Levi had to rein him in before. Tossing his keys in the bowl on the kitchen bar counter he slips off his shoes and falls onto their couch, tossing an arm over his face. 

"You're acting like a brat." Levi says as he comes into the apartment, shutting the door behind him.

"Hmph."

"Tch, come on and just yell at me for it like you always do."

Ashe puts his arm down and glares, "I don't always yell at you!"

"You're yelling at me right now." He sits down on the couch, just out of reach of Ashe's legs, "Why are you so upset?"

"Because I'm tired of this! I try and stay positive all the time but I just..."

Levi gets up and grabs Ashe's hands, making him look in grey eyes, "What are you tired of? You have to tell me because I can't make it better if you aren't specific."

Ashe surges forward and smacks into Levi. The two go crashing back onto the couch, Levi on his back and his lover on top of him, head buried in the crook of his neck, "How long have we been together?" Came Ashe's muffled voice.

 "Eleven years, have you really lost count-?"

"I want to have a family."

Levi is so shocked at the outburst that he doesn't even know what to say. Ashe wanted to start a family? Where had this come from? Looking down he notices that Ashe hasn't moved a muscle, he was really serious about this. Settling back into a more comfortable position Levi wraps his arms around Ashe and places a kiss to his forehead. A lot of times he would be that reality check but right now Ashe didn't need his harsh pessimistic words.

After all what Ashe wanted did make sense. During his sophomore year in high school it had come out that he was gay. His parents couldn't handle it and they'd asked him to move out as soon as he was sixteen. It was then that he and Levi had moved in together and officially started off their relationship. It was obvious that while they were both comfortable in their relationship Ashe missed something more. 

"Well... what would you like to do?" Levi finally manages to ask.

Ashe finally looks up at him, his eyes red-rimmed, "What?"

"If you think that we can make this work then I'm for a new addition to the family." Ashe looks breathless for a moment.

"Y-you would seriously...?" It's obvious that he's surprised Levi's not shooting him down.

"If you think that we can make it work. However if I find you're not taking care of it like you should when it's your turn then I will take it back." 

*****************************

"Babe you're the best!" Ashe says happily, holding onto their new 'baby' Chris. 

Levi rolls his eyes while he drives them home. He was just glad that Ashe was back to his normal attitude, for a bit he was worried. Though he'd never admit it, that Corgi was pretty cute. The way it looked at him with those big eyes was enough to make him melt a little; only a little. 

"Just make sure to help me set up a schedule for taking care of it."

Ashe leans over and pecks him on the cheek, "Anything for you! I mean this is exciting, this can be a test period to see if we can handle a child or not!" Hugging the Corgi pup to him Ashe laughs and curls around him. 

"Tch, I have a feeling you're going to end up paying more attention to that damn dog than me."

"Levi language!"

"It's a dog."

"No this is our love child!" Levi feels like he wants to bang his head against the steering wheel to get away from his lover's delusions. "Besides, I'll show you just how much I appreciate you when we get back to the apartment." Ashe wiggles his brows suggestively.

Levi smirks, perhaps getting Ashe his 'love child' puppy wasn't such a bad idea after all. Then again he'd probably end up having to remind him to take care of it later. 

***************************************************************************************************************

Okay I have no idea where this came from but I couldn't help but roll with it. @Akanemiacoji I hope you liek it!!!! ^_^