All of the stars (Eren Jaeger x Reader)

Within their world there wasn't a lot of time to stop and appreciate everything that was around them. Time was precious, something (F/n) (L/n) learned long ago. When she turned twelve she enlisted into the training regiment. Being an orphan, she didn't have anyone to object to what she wanted to do with her life. Not to mention it meant she didn't have much to lose. 

Still, (F/n) was a pretty gentle soul. Despite placing in the top 20 spots in the training regiment she still enjoyed the small things in life. She loved the fresh smell of the grass after a rain, she loved taking care of people who needed her, and most of all she loved looking up at the sky. She hated fighting but could put that aside for when Titans showed up. 

"Hey, (F/n) what are you doing out here?" Eren asks as he makes his way out of the galley. 

She smiles at him (e/c) eyes twinkling, "Nothing much actually, just looking at the stars."

"Why?"

"Have you ever thought about looking at the stars Eren? They're very lovely."

Deciding to humor her Eren takes a seat next to her on the ground and looks up. His eyes only see an inky expanse broken up by glimmering celestial bodies. What was so appealing about this again? He turns to ask her but the words get stuck in his throat. 

(F/n) had quite the expression on her face, one mixed between glee and longing. Beneath the starlight her skin seemed to give off an ethereal glow. She was beautiful, why had Eren never noticed this before? She reaches up and brushes her (H/c) hair behind an ear so she could get an unhindered view of the sky. 

"Do you see what I mean? It's so peaceful up there. I wish I could just live among the stars." She pulls out a necklace with a dark rock at the end, "You see this? It's said to be a star that fell from the sky to the earth. My papa put it on a necklace for me when I was young."

"Y-yeah, I never noticed before, that necklace is amazing. You're right too, it really is quite the view."

She laughs and looks over at him, "It's okay if you don't Eren, you don't need to lie to me."

"No really, it is quite a beautiful view; one I never stopped to properly appreciate before." 

"Really? Well then I'm glad I could share the experience with you."

Eren smiles and stands up, offering her his hand, "Yeah, I'm glad too."

***********************

To say (F/n) wasn't scared was a lie. She still couldn't believe that titans had broken through into Trost. She thought those days were over with all the cannon improvements and not sighting the Colossal Titan for five years. Apparently that wasn't the case though. 

"Splinter off into groups, Ackerman your with the rear guard!" One of their instructors yelled. 

(F/n) felt the blood pumping thick through her veins as she geared up, preparing to fight with the rest of her squadron. This was it, this was prime time. All those years of training would be put to the test today in a decisive battle against the titans. If they failed here it was all over, that much was certain. 

"Move out!" (F/n)'s squad leader yells. 

Giving one last smile back to Eren she then shoots off along with the rest of her squadron. Not more than a mile into town and the titans were already swarming. Buildings were torn and still citizens were getting taken down left and right. The scent of blood wafted up from the street, making the stench above almost unbearable. 

(F/n) takes a moment to steel herself before dropping down into action. She and another of her squad members shot off together to take down a titan coming full speed for a group of civilians. Her squad member managed to take out the titan's Achilles heels and (F/n) swoops down for the kill shot. Her blades sink into the skin, extinguishing the immediate threat.