Hope is infectious (Eren Jaeger x OC)

The day the titans came was unlike anything else. Kitty had only been a child then. It was beyond terrifying and that day something in her broke. Something important, from that day on Kitty seemed a bit... disconnected with the world. Yet despite it all she was nothing but happy and optimistic, much to her friends annoyance. Despite everything that had happened she kept up the hope that one day they would be able to live outside of the walls, free. 

"Kitty just sit down already!" Jean yells from his table. 

Kitty just laughs as she twirls her fork in her hand, "Oh cheer up Jean! We've made it, we're graduates! Now it's our turn to go out and make a difference!" She laughs.

Marco laughs as well from his own seat beside Jean, "She's right you know, we should be happy. Tonight is a time to celebrate!"

"Hn, yeah right! Tomorrow we're both off to the MP in Wall Sina and then we will have time to celebrate."

"Noooo! This is the last time we will all be together most likely we should make the most of it!" Kitty laughs as she gets up and sits next to him, "Don't you want that?"

The sound of a tin dish slamming against the table top rings out in the dining hall, "Don't bother with him Kitty, if he doesn't want to celebrate then leave him on his own." Eren sighs as he looks up at his optimistic best friend.

She turns around and bats her eyes at him, "You'll celebrate with me though right?"

For a moment he looks like he wants to say no but just shrugs his shoulders, "Alright, sure."

"Yay!"

She runs over and tosses her arms around his neck, nuzzling his head, "Agh come on get off!" He blushes and attempts to get the spastic blonde off of him. 

"Noooooo! I luffles you too much Eren!" She laughs, "And I know you luffles me too!"

He blushes worse, "Yeah, yeah, I do."

*******************

To say Kitty wasn't scared was a lie. She still couldn't believe that titans had broken through into Trost. She thought those days were over with all the cannon improvements and not sighting the Colossal Titan for five years. Apparently that wasn't the case though. Stil, she was a graduate and it was her job to stop this kind of thing before too much damage was done.

"Splinter off into groups, Ackerman your with the rear guard!" One of their instructors yells as he goes by. 

Kitty felt the blood pumping thick through her veins as she geared up, preparing to fight with the rest of her squadron. This was it, this was prime time. All those years of training would be put to the test today in a decisive battle against the titans. If they failed here it was all over, that much was certain. 

"Move out!" Kitty's squad leader yells. 

Giving one last smile back to Eren she gives a thumbs up before she shoots off along with the rest of her squadron. Not more than a mile into town and the titans were already swarming. Buildings were torn and still citizens were getting taken down left and right. The scent of blood wafted up from the street, making the stench above almost unbearable. 

Readying herself, Kitty grips the swords in her hands and shoots off into the fray. She would kill every titan here and she would make sure she won by killing the most. Perhaps then people would see that this wasn't going to be so bad and that they could do it. She and another of her squad members shot off together to take down a titan coming full speed for a group of civilians. Her squad member managed to take out the titan's Achilles heels and Kitty swoops down for the kill shot, eyes focused and pinpointing the perfect spot to strike in her blades. Her blades sink into the skin, extinguishing the immediate threat.