Liquid Stupidity (Drunk!Armin Arlert x Reader)

It is often a mistake to call alcohol Liquid Courage, it should've been named Liquid Stupidity. At least that was your opinion. Many times after drinking people would attempt things that they would never do in any other state of mind. Working in a bar you watched a lot of people turn from being rational into a complete lunatics. Still there were a few regulars that were smart enough not to get so plastered that they forgot their own names.

"Hey (Y/n)!" Eren calls as he enters the bar with his usual crowd of drinking buddies.

You grin and give him a sarcastic wave. He was not one of those people who know when to stop. Often he would get so drunk that he would be flirting with his own liquor bottle. Of course his friends, Jean and Connie weren't much better though, often times they would get plastered enough that they couldn't walk.

Greeting the drinking party, the blonde is the only one who gets a real smile. Armin Arlert was a real cutie and he knew his limits too. He was polite, gentle, and all around a nice person. Really you had no idea why he hung out with the people he did. Unfortunately tonight something was different. Armin didn't return your smile and all of the guys were slapping his back and whispering low to him. 

Stepping up to the bar you set down a few shot glasses and dish out some liquor. This was what they always started with. "Hey boys, is here a problem?" You ask, starting to wipe down some glasses and putting out some opened beers for other customers.

"Nothing really, Armin just had a pretty shitty day." Jean sighs, downing his second shot. 

You look over at Armin, brows narrowed as he took down his second and then stole his third from Connie. At the way he was downing the alcohol he wouldn't be on his feet for long. When he reaches for the fourth shot in under ten minutes she places her hand on top of his, "Hey now, don't you think that you're going a little too fast?" You ask.

Armin looks up tears in his eyes, "I don't care!" Shocked you let go of him and he downs yet another shot.

****************** 

As the night wore on you started to worry about the blonde. He was laid out on a table weeping, one hand wrapped around the neck of a beer bottle. As much as you wanted to cut him off he wasn't causing enough of a problem to warrant you stepping in. The other guys however were well on their way. Eren was already flirting with his bottle and Jean was into his giggling phase. Connie... well you didn't actually know where he was at the moment. 

"Hey Levi can you man the bar counter for a moment?" You ask.

The ravenette scrunches up his face in disgust but none the less covers for you. Going over to the table where Armin had his face pressed on the tabletop. Sitting down across from him she taps him on top of his head. Groaning Armin looks up and squints to see your face. 

"Whaaa?" He groans.

You roll your eyes, "Okay, tell me, what's going on? You're drinking a lot, you never drink so much."

"I wanna forgeeeeeettt!" He weeps, tossing his head down on his arms. 

"Forget what?"

"Her."

You scrunch your eyebrows at him, who was her? "Armin, who is 'her'?"

"Annie...my... my girf-ex."

Patting him on the head you can't help but feel bad for the poor guy. He was adorable and nice, why would anyone get rid of him? It was just beyond your realm of thought. Luckily you didn't know this woman or else you'd give her a piece of your mind. Hearing Armin start to cry again you sigh and place a hand on his arm.