I Can Fix That (Au!Jean Kirschtein x Reader)

(y/n) (L/n) : honor student in college, popular, and totally inept at fixing anything. In fact she can barely figure out how to fix her own computer or toaster. However she could tell you how to solve a complex math algorithm in less than ten minutes, complete with a whiteboard full of computations that would make other's heads spin. 

"Oh come on!" She yells as she kicks the tire of her car. 

Today (y/n)'s car decided it wasn't going to start. Already she was behind schedule to get to class and that was not good. Popping the hood open she looks at the complex structure at a complete loss of what to do. Why didn't she listen to her father when he said she should learn this stuff? Sighing, (y/n) rakes a hand through her hair, this was just perfect. It wasn't even nine o'clock and she was getting a headache.

"Hey, you alright?"

(Y/n) looks over to see Jean Kirschtein, her next door neighbor. She blushes and looks down at her feet for looking so stupid in front of him. Jean seemed like a rather okay guy, he never bothered her unless it was important and he was quite cute. However he did have an abrasive side, something (y/n) had seen first hand one time. Frankly, it scared her a little, only a little though.

"Yeah my car just won't start."

"Oh? Maybe I can help, let me take a look." He comes over and sets his messenger bag on the ground. 

"Oh it's okay you don't have to!"  (y/n) blurts out as she waves her hands. However Jean is already leaning inside the car. 

"Oh, I can fix that." He says and reaches further into the car's interior mechanisms.

He jiggles something it sounds like and then retracts his arm.  (y/n) winces when she sees the grime coating his long sleeved shirt. That looked really gross. However he has a smile on his face as he takes her keys from her hand and goes over to the drivers side. Putting the key into the ignition slot he turns it and the car starts.  (y/n)'s mouth drops open, how the hell had he done that?

"Here you go. All fixed." He grins.

"Jean... thank you! I don't know what I would've done."

He strips off his overshirt and wads it up, "It was no problem, really. Just a spark plug that got disconnected somehow."

She notices him pulling out a bus pass as he picks up his bag.  (y/n) feels really bad that she made him work on her car and ruin his shirt. "Hey Jean, why don't you let me give you a ride to your class?" She offers.

He shakes his head, "It's fine, I can wait for the bus."

"No, I insist. I mean you did fix my car. Besides I'm sure our classrooms are pretty close together."

Jean looks as though he's about to argue but in the end nods his head, "Alright."

(y/n) smiles wide as she picks up her bag and closes the hood to her car. The two jump in and she starts heading toward Sina College. That was really the first time the two had spent any real time together and unbeknownst to the other, they liked it. A lot. 

*********************************

"Not again..."  (y/n) sighs as her washer suddenly wasn't starting up. "Mikasa do you know how to fix a clothes washer?!"

"No. Call someone."

This month was just not in (y/n)'s favor. In fact a lot of things lately had been breaking down on her and her roommate. Walking into the living room she sees said room mate tutoring none other than Eren Jaeger in college algebra. She wrinkles her nose at that, she hated math.