Precious (Male!Mikasa Ackerman x Reader)

It was a hard road going the way of the Scouting Legion. In fact you had, had your fair share of hardships and sadness. This world was definitely attempting to take you under, luckily though you didn't have to fight alone. 

Enter Mikasa Ackerman: top of the class, reserved, and a childhood friend of yours.

Unfortunately the problem was that he was only obsessed with his foster brother Eren. No matter what you did it was like Eren always won out over you, it frustrated you to no end. However what could you really say? It wasn't like you could just go and tell him to forget Eren because he was fine. In fact that was a lie, Eren honestly needed as much help as possible.

"(Y/n) is your horse ready? We're moving out in ten." Mikasa asks as he finishes saddling up his own horse.

You nod, "Y-Yeah, I think I have everything ready..."

Mikasa walks over and pulls the saddle strap down a bit more to buckle it in properly, "I'd check again, I'm going to go see how Eren's doing."

Pushing down that feeling of annoyance you smile back at him and nod, "Yeah okay I'll see you two out there."

As soon as Mikasa was out of the room you huff and kick the hay in the stables, of course he'd go to see how Eren was doing. Checking over your stuff once again you then decide that it was fine and that Mikasa picked out the only problem with it. Settling your stuff down on the back and strapping it in you mount your horse, ready for action.

Taking it out of the stable you kick it into gear and catch up with where your own flank was. Settling into the spot youre briefly surprised when Corporal Levi shows up, "Oi you, let's go you're up front with me and Jaeger for this expedition."

Your eyes widen, "Wh-what?"

"Do your ears not work?"

"Of course, my bad I'll follow you."

"Tch." Corporal Levi says nothing but motions for you to follow him. 

Cantering after him you take a stop right beside Eren, surrounded by Squad Levi. Turning back you scan the rest of the formation to see Mikasa further back, giving you both a worried look, though he was looking more toward Eren. Giving him a nod you turn around and focus on Corporal Levi who was giving you all instructions.

Listen as you might, you still tuned out for a lot of what was said and had to nod at apropriate times. Corporal glares at you for a moment longer before turning around on his horse. With Erwin's signal the Legion began to move out. Your heart speeds up as you get your first look outside the walls. The first thing that you noticed was how vast the sky looked from this angle. The next thing you noticed were the titans that were coming to eat you.

Panic hits your system and your brain is screaming at you to run away as fast as possible. However the other side, the calmer one, rationalizes the situation and focuses in on where Corporal Levi was directing your small squadron.

"(Y/n) keep next to me!" Eren yells over the wind.

You try not to snap at him, "Don't worry I'm fine! You should worry about yourself!"

"Both of you shut up and focus." Corporal orders in a sharp voice.

Looking back for a moment you see Mikasa as he and his flank starts to splinter off from the formation into another one. You wished you were with him but it was useless to defy Corporal, he'd kill you in an instant for endangering others. Turning around you hunker down and urge your horse to go faster.

*******************

"Eren!" You scream as his titan form goes down. Huddling further into the hollow of the tree you close your eyes and clap your hands over your ears, everything had gone to hell. Not to mention you were starting to fall into shock. Squad Levi had practically been wiped out in front of your eyes. On top of that when you faced the female titan she'd only smacked you into a tree and you were in bad shape.

Both of them were fighting one another and meanwhile you were worried as hell since Eren was losing, bad. Eren's body hits the ground once again and the female titan comes down quickly, biting the back of Eren's titan neck right out of the body. "EREN!" You screech.

The female titan turns toward you and your blood freezes. This titan was about to kill you and you couldn't do anything about it. Closing your eyes you await for death to come swiftly. "EREN! (Y/n)!" 

Opening your eyes you see Mikasa and Corporal coming into the scene. Mikasa slices and dices at the titan while Corporal comes in at a different place to attack her. You watched them as they hack and slash all over wishing you could help.You were scared that they would get killed at this rate.

However you're shocked when the female titan was falling right in your direction. Your mouth gapes open as you watch it fall toward you, about to kill you. That's it, this was the end, there would be no coming back from this one. "I'm sorry Mikasa... I couldn't protect Eren... or tell you how much I loved you."

*****************

You gasp as your eyes open, where were you? You attempt to sit up but a hand stops you, "Try not to move, you're hurt bad."

"M-Mikasa?" You gasp.

His face is a surprise for you, he's showing remorse and sadness. "I'm sorry."

"What's going on?" You croak out.

"We're retreating, we lost too much... I... I wasn't strong enough to protect you.... or Eren."

You attempt to sit up suddenly at the mention of Eren, "Where is he? Did we get him back is he alive?!"

"(Y/n) calm down, we got him back, he's safe." You relax at that.

"Oh, alright." You turn around and look up at him, "Are you okay?"

Mikasa laughs bitterly as he smooths a piece of your hair behind an ear. You blush at that because this was so unlike the Mikasa you knew. The Mikasa you had grown up around was unemotional, calm, and collected. This man however was far from that. In fact he looked worn out and aged. 

"You nearly die and instead of yelling at me for not being strong enough you ask how I am." He leans down a bit, "I don't understand."

You reach a shaky hand up and cup his face, "Mikasa... this was not your fault... that titan was, was- strange."

"(Y/n), I know I don't always make it seem like anything other than Eren matters but that's wrong. I care about you as well, you're just as precious to me and I'll protect you no matter what. I promise, I won't let you get hurt again."

"Mikasa..." You sit up as much as you can and connect your lips with his. His lips fit to yours perfectly and you can't help but think how amazing this moment is. Of course it would be better if you weren't half-dead but that was irrelevant. 

Breaking apart the two of you look at one another, panting. Mikasa's eyes search your own, looking for any hint of doubt, but there wasn't one. In fact this was the most sure of something the both of you had ever been. "I love you, try and rest." He says softly.

"Just stay by my side then."

"You're too precious for me to leave." You lay your head down in his lap and close your eyes, meanwhile he watches over you the entire time. 

***************** ***************** ***************** ***************** ***************** ***************** ******

Alright I liked that this was such an interesting twist on a character to write for! So thanks @KatherinePhung6 for the prompt, you're right he doesn't get enough love! I hope that you liked it!