Lonely nights (Au!Jean Kirstein x OC)

Jean the player.

Jean the lady-killer.

Jean the man-whore.

These were all things that the resident front man for the band Tw0 St3pps Fr0m He11 had been called before. He wasn't really bothered by them though because she understood that they weren't necessarily true anymore. Dawn Brandt-Amsel, his girlfriend, his everything, stood by him and that was enough. She always had his back and now the only thing he had to wonder was why had this happened?

   "Jean I can't do this anymore! If you want to be my lover then be my lover!" Dawn screams at him, tossing a vase across their apartment.

   Jean ducks as glass shards rain down on him, "Calm down already! It's not my fault that we're busy with the album. You knew what you were getting into!"

   "Yes but i figured you'd at least come home at night. Now you don't even do that. You don't kiss me or hug me or even say hello when you bother to even come back anymore!"

   Jean rolls his eyes, getting to his feet and going into the kitchen, grabbing a beer out of the fridge. "You're overreacting. Seriously, it's not like we have to be glued to each other twenty-four seven."

   Tears gather in Dawn's eyes as she stands up and grabs her purse, "I can't do this. Just pack up your shit and don't be here when I get back." She slams the door behind her, leaving Jean to himself.

Looking at her on the hospital bed lying there unconscious was enough to nearly make him lose it. How was it that someone who was so bright, so kind, had this happen to her? 

It was a hit and run. She was crossing the street when it was specified, like any other good citizen when a car whipped around a corner. It wasn't a full on hit but it was enough to cause severe contusions and a concussion. There was so much blood. Jean about lost it when he saw her, she was dyed red. 

Jean still blames himself for this happening. If only he'd gotten his ass up and gone after her when she left. If only he'd been there to push her out of the way. Sure she would've probably had a bruise or two but at least she would've been alright, he would've known she was alright. Like this... he didn't know, no one did.

He takes her hand in his and rests his forehead against it. Three weeks, three long weeks she had been like this. She was so beautiful to him, even when she looked her worst. He just hoped that she would wake up and come back to him. She couldn't leave him alone like this. She promised that she would stay by his side.

It was then that he feels her fingers twiitch. Jean jolts at the movement. He bolts upright with a concentrated stare at her face for any signs of movement. Her nose twitches yet again and her eyes start fluttering. His heart is pounding, the words choking him. Was she finally going to wake up?

Beautiful blue irises show themselves to him. Jean feels his shoulders slump in relief, "Dawn, you're finally awake. I'm so-"

She blinks up at him, "Who are you?"

***********************

"This is our apartment, our living room, our bedroom- is any of this familiar?" Jean asks anxiously.

After realizing that Dawn truly wasn't messing with him Jean felt as though he was going to throw up. Never in his life did he think that he would have to try and act out one of those cliché movie scenes where he would have to go and somehow jog her memory. Did she even have any sort of idea of who he was now?

"Hey Jenson-."

"Jean."

"Sorry... uh Jean... but I don't remember." She looks so dejected.