Nightmare (Levi/Rivaille x Reader)

All around blood was splashed on the floor. One by one your comrads fell around you while you were powerless to do anything. Trying as hard as you could it was useless, the titans were always just out of reach. 

"No!" You scream as yet another one of your comrads is cut down. 

Clicking on your gear to go faster you slice through the titan's neck but two more just replaced it. Suddenly before your eyes was the collosal titan. Five years ago you'd gazed at his face, it had somehow only managed to get more menacing.Then, the worse thing happened; Squad Levi, Levi heicho included, showed up.

"No! Don't do it!" You yell as the they go up against it.

It was an utter masacre but what really sent you over the edge was Levi's head rolling to a stop in front of you; eyes wide. You let out a scream upon which you'd never done before, surely this wasn't happening.

"(Y/n)! (Y/n) wake up!"

"Levi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Your eyes open and you find Levi holding you by your shaking shoulders. His eyes are wide but still have the lines of hazy sleep in them. You don't even think about it, you fall into his chest and bury your face in him. Taking in his scent you close your eyes and attempt to subside your tremors. 

All the while he holds you in his arms, "Shh, it's just a nightmare."

"You died, all of you died!" You sob.

At the door you can hear all of team Levi gathering, Eren included, "Corporal, is (Y/n) alright?" Petra asks softly.

"Leutenant (L/n) will be fine. Go back to sleep, all of you." Levi orders in his 'corporal-voice' as you had dubbed it earlier. 

Soon enough everyone disperses and you've calmed down enough to lie against Levi's chest and listen to his calm heartbeat and breathing. After a bit he shifts and fear shoots through you, you don't want him to leave.

"No, don't... please stay with me!" You cry.

"Hush (Y/n), I'm not going to leave. I'll stay here all fucking night if I have to." He settles down next to you and pulls you closer to him, "I'll keep your nightmares away, so go to sleep." His voice is just a whisper in your ear.

"Thank you... Levi."

"Tch, go to sleep. I don't like seeing you so sad." He kisses your forehead.

You settle down again and close your eyes, knowing he'll keep his word and chase all of your nightmares away. After all, that was just one of the many things he was good at and one of the many things you loved him for.

*****************************************************************************************************

Yeah, crappy, I know. Anyways I just felt like I needed to publish something.