Feeling Normal (Au!Levi/Rivaille x Oc)

Sound: vibrations that travel through the air or another medium and can be heard when they reach a person's or animal's ear or to convey a specified impression when heard.

One of the five basic senses. Something most people can't live without. It drives the world around them and helps express the feelings they wish to convey. Sound is crucial to anything a person wants to do with their lives. Yet, for some it is a foreign subject to them. Sound was something completely foreign in the fact that they can't hear anything. These people, others often pity.

Hollie Sumners, was one of these people.

She'd grown up in a small suburban area in Wallagrass, Maine and when she was already three she'd shown a speech delay. It was within this same year that Hollie and her parents were hit with the news, she was deaf. Her parents had never cried so much in their lives. Hollie couldn't understand what was so wrong with her that caused her parents to be sad but she didn't like it. 

When Hollie turned five her parents sent her to a special school for the deaf. She didn't like it at all, everything was confusing to her as to why she had to go here rather than to school with her friends. Besides, the teachers all looked at her like she was damaged. 

Throughout her years going through schools similar to her first one Hollie began to feel as though he really was damaged and that is was her fault. She'd begun to become more withdrawn and generally stay away from people. Her parents worried but figured it was just a phase but none the less put her into a regular high school. 

At the moment Hollie's parents had chosen one of the rare days of deciding to kick her out of the house and tell her to go have a good time in town or something. It was there that she managed to meet him. 

It was in an old bookstore that she always went to when she bumped into a few people from an old school she used to go to. It was one that decided it would be a good idea to mix people together, those who are impaired and those who are not. They were some people that always enjoyed teasing her.

"Hey, look who it is." Hollie manages to read the lips of one of them as they stalk over to her.

She places down the book she was looking at and quickly goes to get away from them. Securing her purse around her she starts to walk quickly through the aisles. Unfortunately because Hollie couldn't hear she didn't know that they were coming up on other sides to cage her in. Just as she's about to go and get to the door the others cut her off. 

"Well, well, well, thought you were going to run away?" One asks, making sure Hollie can see his lips so she can read them.

Hollie blanches, "P-please just leave me alone."

"Shut up you deafie!"

"Yeah, do you think you can just talk to us?" Another snorts.

They push her down and just as one raises their foot to kick her another person steps in. Within a few seconds the three are down on the floor and Hollie looks up to see her savior. For a guy, this man is short. His hair is dark, so are his eyes. His facial features are sharp and give him an intimidating appearance. "Oi, you alright?"

Hollie manages to nod her head, "Y-yes, thank you."

His eyes widen a bit, "You're deaf."

She colors, "Y-yes..."

"Come on, let's go." He holds out a hand for her.

Hollie takes his hand, blushing. Who was this guy? "Th-thank you, what's your name?"

He looks back at her, "Levi. Levi Ackerman."

"I-I'm Hollie."

He turns back and starts walking again. Hollie follows him, her hand still held in his. She has no idea of where they're going but she's not going to question it right now. He was actually pretty nice and not to mention gorgeous. Taking a right when they got to the end of the sidewalk he then takes her to a small cafe just around the street. 

As they go in there he brings her over to a table with one other guy seated there. At the sight of them the man raises a blonde eyebrow, "Uh Levi, who is this and what happened to buying a replacement textbook?"

Levi must've answered back because the man looks at Hollie with his eyebrows scrunched, "Hello, I'm Erwin Smith."

Hollie smiles nervously, "I'm Hollie. Hollie Sumners."

And that was the first time she met Levi Ackerman and his friend Erwin Smith. However it wouldn't be the last time. In fact Levi started showing up everywhere Hollie was. They'd actually managed to become pretty close.

***********************************

"Oh, Levi, what are you doing here?" Hollie asks as she blinks up at him.

Levi holds out his hand, "Books." She rolls her eyes before smiling and handing him her bag. He slings her bag over his shoulder, "I got transferred here. Expelled from my old school."

Her eyes widen at what she just read, "Really?"

He nods, "Yeah."

Taking his schedule, Hollie reads over it before smiling and taking his hand in hers, "You have your classes with me." She then begins to walk to first period with him.

As they got into the classroom Hollie goes up and explains to the teacher who Levi is and how he's new to the class. After that she smiles at him before going to her seat a sitting down. As she keeps her head down Levi hears the whispers people say behind her back. He even saw one bastard toss some note to her. By the look on her face it was anything but flattering. That made him beyond angry. At first Levi decided that he was going to wait but after seeing that he decided that after first period he was going to do it. 

Waiting through class though had been sheer agony. Each time someone threw a piece of paper at Hollie he wanted to get up and bash their faces into bloody pulps. She was too good for the shit they put her through. Hollie was an absolute angel and seeing her unhappy because of something some idiots said made him beyond angry. 

The bell rings for class to end and Levi is by Hollie's side in a heartbeat. He takes up her back pack and then the two walk out of the classroom. He can tell that she's upset and he doesn't like that. He just wants to see her smile. Honestly he wishes that people would just leave her alone about her being deaf, it wasn't that big a deal. 

He can't stand that sad face any longer. He taps Hollie on her shoulder and snaps her out of her thoughts. She looks up at him with wide eyes only to see him looking down at her as well, "Hey, go out with me." 

At the way his lips moved Hollie made the assumption that it wasn't a question but closer to a command. Hollie then looks down at her feet, blushing. She never in a million years thought he'd ask her to be his girlfriend. After all, with her loss of hering and such she felt like someone normal would never like her. Still it didn't stop her from developing a crush on the guy. Really, it all boiled down to the fact that when she was with Levi, she felt normal.

Hollie really looks at him before smiling up at him. Smiling even wider at him Hollie nods her head. Levi smirks before placing his lips on hers. Hollie smiles and holds his face in her hand. "Thank you Levi, for loving someone damaged like me." She whispers.

"Tch, you're no different from me so I don't know why you're thanking me."

Hollie knew then that this was going to be the man she was going to marry.