Captain and Friend

Prompt: Sara talks to Amaya about her budding romance with Zari as her captain and her friend.

"Hey Amaya! Um, the guys and I were about to watch a movie. You wanna join?" Zari ask as her and the group of boys walk by.

"Yeah, sure. What movie?" Amaya smiles, her day starting off right.

"That's the fun part, you and I get to see them argue you about for 30 minutes while we eat snacks." Zari chuckles lowly.

"Actually, Amaya, I was wondering if we could talk." Sara says in her captain voice, not leaving any room for discussion, walking off knowing Amaya would soon follow.

"Well  if you survive Sara's wrath, come find me." Zari says with a grin, before walking off to catch up with the boys.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/

"What's up, Sara?" Amaya questions as they enter the library, sitting down.

"As Captain there's things I need to address. I need to address the fact that entering into a relationship with Zari, is not in the best of interest of either of you or this crew. You'll be emotionally compromised." Sara says in a dull voice.

"Emotionally compromised? Aren't you dating Time Bureau Agent? As a matter of fact, wasn't she her last night? For gods sake Sara, she ate breakfast with us this morning!" Amaya exclaims.

"You dated Nate. Broke up with Nate and ran off. Came back and started sleeping with him. And now, you're interested in Zari." Sara shrugs.

"I don't see how this any of your business." Amaya snaps, becoming defensive.

"Have you thought about the long run? What'll happen after this? Amaya, you're from the 40s. Zari is from 2042. It'll never work." Sara says.

"It doesn't matter what year we're from or where we're from. If we love each other, we'll find a way because love always does. I can't promise that I won't hurt her, I'm not perfect. But I promise, that'll try my hardest not too." Amaya sighs.

"Now, as your friend. Go for it, Amaya. Zari needs someone like you, now I'm starting to think you need her too." Sara says with a bright smile.

"Really?" Amaya ask nervously.

"Yes! This is an adventure filled with crazy things and even crazier people. I couldn't imagine doing this without Ava, and you desrve that Amaya." Sara says.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"Hey, you survived! Sara getting soft on us?" Zari smiles when she sees Amaya approach her in the kitchen.

"Would you like to go on a date? With me, specifically?" Amaya questions.

"For real? Aren't you still a thing with Nate?" Zari ask self consciously, turning her back to her as she snacks on the popcorn.

"Nathaniel is a friend. You, Zari, are more. My fate is intwined with yours. And I'm not talking about our totems." Amaya says softly.

"Then, yeah, let's do it. A date, you and me." Zari turns around and smiles.

Author's Note: IT IS HERE!!! OH MY GOD I AM DOING THIS!!! VOTE PLEASE AND COMMENT PROMPTS! WHO WILL HAVE THE FIRST PROMPT?!?! LETS DO THIS GUYS!!!!! also like what do you think lol?? BTW THIS WILL BE UPDATED ON WEDNESDAYS WITH SPEEDY AND THE CANARY, I just felt like posting early sorry.