Chapter 46: some things are best left alone

Astrid POV

the sun is shining through the window, i get up out of bed and stretch. it feels like this is the first time i've ever slept peacefully, without nightmares without midnight raids.

i walk out my room and into the kitchen, Aaron is leaving while June is cooking something and Toby, he's asleep.

"Hi June" i say as i give her a hug. "Hi sleep well?" she says before she sits down at the dinner table. "Ya feels like the first time in weeks" i say in relief. "There's been some rumors going around that Dagur has a dragon of his own. do you think thats true?" sags June taking a sip of tea from her tea cup.

"I really don't know but knowing Dagur he might have a dragon of his own"  i reply. "Well guess we'll never know" she says as she sets down her tea cup. "I'm gonna go into the woods i need to relax or at least feel free again" i say getting up.

"Okay, see ya later. oh and tonight me and Aaron are having a party tonight we have important news to share" she says excitedly. "Okay I'll be there" i say as i walk into my room. i put on my jacket and head out the door

***

i run into the woods, the ground and trees are filled with snow. i sigh and lean up against a tree. is this how my life was meant to be, to be running everyday of my life, to make people get hurt. to let Hiccup get hurt.

a tear rolls down my cheek. I've been strong for too long, for so long. i slump against the tree and start crying. how could have i been so blind all this time Hiccup has been the one getting hurt the one risking his life for me.

I can't let that keep happening, not anymore. tears stain my cheeks, i can hear footsteps in the snow but i ignore them. until a gentle hand touches my shoulder. i look up and see Hiccup with a worried look on his face. i stand up and hug him, he takes a few moments to try and register whats happening but eventually hugs me back.

"are you okay?" he says stroking my hair. "No I'm not" i say staining his shirt with tears. "Why not?" he asks me, "All i do is hurt you, you end up getting hurt...........all because of me" i say still hugging him. "I don't care if i get hurt all I want is to be able to be near you to be able to help you to protect you" he says hugging me tighter.

he pulls away from the hug and looks me straight in the eyes. "I love you no matter what no matter how high a mountain no matter how far the distance" he says touching his forehead with mine. (A/N if u think this is cheesy thats ur opinion cuz i loved it)

"And I'll love you forever" i say staring into his eyes. he smiles and hugs me, i hug him back because i need it. "Come on lets head back home" he says putting an arm around my waist. "Ya we should head back home" i say wiping the tears away. he kisses my forehead and walks me home.

***

When i get home June is putting something nice while Toby is whining on why he has to wear such nice clothes. i giggle, Hiccup and Toothless are right beside me to protect me.

"Oh Astrid come hear i picked something out for you to where" she says pullimg me into her room. Hiccup tries to come in but Jume pushes him out. "Sorry Hiccup this is a surprise" she says as she shuts the door, she slaps her forehead and opens up the door.

"You go get ready with Aaron at your house!!!!" she almost shrieks. "Okay mrs. Bossy pants" says Hiccup from the other side of the door. i giggle, "Okay so i didn't know what you would like to wear so i picked out these two different outfits" she says holding up two outfits.

one has the top a color pink and the skirt part colored blue. the other one has a white skirt and the top part is black with white flowers.

"So which one do you like?" she says holding each one up. "June I can't wear this its just not me" i say softly, "It is you, you just don't see it" she says setting the outfits down and looking me straight in the eyes.