Chapter 37: Not what it seems

Astrid POV

i could see the hurt in Hiccup's face when they told him i'm dead they all think i'm dead when really i barely escaped with my life. Then 2 years passed, i seemed like an outsider never really belonged but in all that time i grew stronger and could easily learn how to use weapons and hunt food for myself and of course Misty. Everytime i saw Hiccup it would break my heart but in those 2 years i gained enemies, who weren't tough enough, to be honest.

Everyday i had to control myself to not yell out to the entire world i was still here, that i wasn't gone but i couldn't let them know it would only make me an easy target. but i had to change myself, had to change my name and even Misty's. i changed Misty's to Stormfly and mine was just Astrid it kept me a bit closer to Hiccup.

Hiccup POV

2 years have passed since Astrid's death, but to me it still felt like she was still here, June and Aaron got married and had their own child, Eret went off and is now trapping dragons. I get up out of bed  with Toothless following behind me, i go down stairs to breakfast to find my dad already there eating breakfast. "Hey dad" i say as i sit down. "Hello son i need to speak with you" he says in a serious tone. "about what?" i ask him, "I think your ready to become cheif" he says the words almost making me choke. "Chief?" i ask him, "Yes son i couldn't ask for a better successor" he says happily. "Dad i don't think i'm ready i mean look at me i'm a talking fishbone" i say mimicking his voice. "Son it'll be okay" he says walking towards me, "Dad i just can't do something like this" i say a little annoyed, "Son we'll talk about it later" he says walking out the door. i sigh, "what am i gonna do bud?" i ask Toothless as i pet his head. Astrid would always give me advice when i needed it. "Come on lets go flying" i say getting up.

i get on Toothless, put on my helmet and we fly out into the sky, we zig zag over and under Thunderdrums trying not to get hit. And we have fun doing it, then after that we fly high above the clouds like i used to when i kept Toothless a secret.

we fly really high until i pat Toothless head, "You wanna give this a shot bud?" i say patting his head he gives me a worried look in response, "It'll be fine" i say unclipping myself from the saddle. "You ready?" i say getting ready to fly, he roars in response. i slide off the saddle and plunge down through the air, Toothless follows sticking his tongue out. 

when were only a few feet away from plunging into the ocean i open up my flight suit. i can feel the air surging through me, "This is amazing!" i say as Toothless and me fly side by side.

............................................................

when we land i take off my helmet and shake out my hair. i look over at Toothless who is pawing at the ground. "We really gotta work on your solo gliding there bud" i say turning around, and as i do Toothless throws a pebble at the back of my head. "Toothless, you crying big baby boo" i say a bit annoyingly, and its as if he could talk but only mimicks what i've said. "Well try this on for size" i say wrapping my arms around his neck, hugging him. he roars and lifts me up off the ground. "Ya ya you wouldn't hurt a one-legged viking--AHHHH!" i scream when i look down only water beneath me, i'm only trying to hold on. he growls then lifts me up and throws me on the ground under him. i start to pretend to punch him, he does the same, "Dragons and vikings enemies again" i say pretending to dodge his punches. when i finally pretend to die, he starts to lick my face. i get up, "You know that doesn't wash off" i say trying to clean off his slobber. "lets head back, this time we walk." i say already starting to walk.

Astrid POV

i keep running faraway from them, i dodge their arrows, knives, axes, swords and everything they've got. when suddenly Toothless jumps out from behind the bushes and notices that people are chasing me he tries to protect me,

"Toothless you have to go before they get you" i say trying to push him away. he doesn't budge, i can hear someone calling Toothless and automatically i know who it is. Its Hiccup.

~

okay i am soooo sorry for the chapter mix up i accidentally mixed them up also how was it good, bad, horrible.

tell me in the comments, i will update again today so be on the look out. thats it for now bye my pepitos/ dragon riders

~Snow302~