Chapter 50: Its so hard to keep fighting

Astrid POV

i fly around the village with Hiccup and we stop at his house. "What are we doing here?" i ask Hiccup confused. "I want you to meet someone" he says taking my hand and pulling me with him.

when we enter i see Stoick dancing with a woman. Stoick looks at me. "Well hello Astrid" he says happily. "Hi sir" i say respectfully. Toothless comes rushing in making Hiccup and me fall.

i fall with Hiccup on top of me. "I'm sorry" says Hiccup helping me up. were both blushing. "So........." says Stoick. "I wanted mom to meet Astrid" says Hiccup happily.

i am confused how does he want his mom to meet me when she's dead Hiccup told me when we were kids. "Mom this is Astrid, Astrid this is my mom" says Hiccup gesturing towards the woman standing next to Stoick.

"Nice to meet you" me and his mother say in unsion. we both laugh, "Well its dinnertime would you like to join us for dinner?" says his mother. "Ya sure" i say following them to the table. me and his mom both serve Hiccup and Stoick. we sit down and start eating. "This is delicious" i say as i eat my food. "Thank you, my mother always said the way to a man's heart is by his stomach" she says tapping Stoick's stomach.

we all end up laughing. and we keep talking for the rest of dinner.

***

after eating dinner, me and Hiccup's mom wash the dishes. after that we sit on the couch playing games or chatting. i look at the time, its already 10:00. "I should get going my brother must be worried" i say heading for the door.

"I'll come with you" says Hiccup following after me. "Bye" i say to his parents. they wave bye as Hiccup closes the door. "Come on I'll fly you home" says Hiccup mounting Toothless, i get on behind Hiccup, wrapping my arms around his waist. "Your ready?" says Hiccup hooking himself into the saddle, "Yup" i reply. we take off into the sky, as i look up at the night sky i see the moon shining brightly. i hug Hiccup and rest my head on his shoulder. he looks back and smiles, we land eight infront of my brother and June's house.

as i get off, Hiccup turns me around and kisses me, i kiss him back putting my fingers in his auburn hair. we both pull away after minutes. "Goodnight" he says kissing me on the cheek.

"Goodnight see you tommorow at the academy" i say kissing his forehead and heading insode the house.

***

When i enter i see Aaron sitting at the dinner table writing down some things. "Hey Aaron" i say as i walk in, hey looks up and smiles. "Hey where have you been we were starting to think Dagur took you" he says teasingly. i roll my eyes. "I ate dinner with the Haddocks" i say defensively. "Well goodnight i'm going to bed" i say yawning.

"Goodnight" he says still writing things down. i enter my room and change, i crawl into bed and fall asleep.

***

Hiccup POV

after kissing Astrid and saying goodnight i fly home. when i enter the house. i can hear snoring coming from my dad's room, my mom is folding my dad's clothes. "Hello Hiccup" she says cheerfully, "Hey mom i'm going to bed" i say yawning.

"Wait can i talk to you?" she says looking straight at me. "Ya sure" i say sitting down across from her. "Your girlfriend, what did Dagur mean by not without my wife?" she says confused. i notice Toothless is nudging cloudjumper my mother's dragon.

"So just to sum it all up, Dagur wants my girlfriend and he won't stop attacking till he gets what he wants and thats Astrid and toothless" i say still worried about Astrid and toothless . "Oh my, is she gonna be safe is toothless gonna be safe?" she says worriedly. "I don't know but her brother and our friends are trying to protect her like I am, even if she can protect herself. i still wanna protect her and toothless" i say looking down.