Chapter 23: not much time left

Astrid POV

i dream of me and Hiccup together, were happy. but then everything turns black, i feel my hands, they're wet. i look down at them they're covered in blood. now Hiccup has a deep cut in his chest, there's a shadow then i realize that shadow is my dad. he has the knife in his hand, then the dream is over.

i wake up screaming, tears going down my cheeks. "Astrid are you okay?" says Aaron trying to calm me down. "i'm sorry i just had a nightmare" i say trying to calm myself down. "what was it about?" Aaron asks me. "Me and Hiccup were sitting near a cliff on Berk and suddenly everything turned black, my hands were stained with.......blood and Hiccup had a deep cut on his chest. I saw a figure" i say trying not to cry, "did you see who the figure was?" he says worriedly. "it was....was dad" i say hesitantly. he looks shocked, but then he starts to talk again. "what did dad do?" he says as if reading my thoughts. "he......he.....killed Hiccup" i say a tear going down my cheek. "it'll be okay i promise, Hiccup is strong he can take care of himself" he says hugging me. "okay" i reply. "i just have one little question" i say teasingly. "do you like June?" i ask him suspiciously. he sighs "yes i like June" he says hesitany. i smile, "see love is amazing" i say punching him in the arm gently.

"ya i have a question for you too" he says rubbing the back of his neck. "then ask away" i reply my body still aching in pain. "how do you know a girl likes you?" i giggle, "she laughs at everything you say, she always wants to be near you and she always wants to see you happy even if its with another girl" i reply. i suddenly start to get a sharp pain in my stomach. "whats wrong?" he asks me worried. "i don't know but my stomach hurts" i say trying to not cry. "June, June!!!!" he yells. June runs in carrying a bowl of food. i scream in pain, they both rush over to me trying not to hurt me.

"whats going on?" says June a bit confused a bit worried. "we were talking and then my stomach started to hurt" i say now starting to cough. "we need that antidote now" says June biting her lip. "Hey why don't you sing again that always calms you down" she says trying to sound cheerful. "i can't" i say throwing a coughing fit.

"Aaron where are you?" i can hear a familiar voice say, its my dad. "oh no we can't let him see you" says Aaron about ready to run away from his problems.

"you guys go i'll try and stay silent" i say trying to hold back tears. "okay" he says as they leave. what am i doing when Hiccup comes back my dad is gonna hurt him i can't let that happen i say to myself.

Hiccup POV

"whats the plan?" i say looking at the swarm of Changewings everywhere. "you create a diversion i'll get the flower how's that sound" he says pulling out his own sword. "well then lets do this" i say patting Toothless head. "let's go bud" i say pulling out my own sword. "Toothless plasma blast!" i yell. he shoots directly at the Changewings making some of them scurry away and some of them coming at me. "Take care and get the antidote" i say as Toothless and me dash out of the nest.

"come on bud we can do this" i say switching onto his tail. we dodge trees and the hot, burning acid they spit. were trying to make them go towards the sea so they can't disappear. when we get to the part where water and land meet we keep going we don't stop, we need them to be far as possible.

when we finally lose them, we head back to the Changewings nest. "looking for this" says Eret holding the flower. "yes we gotta get back as soon as possible" i say getting on Toothless. "i made my own friend" he says, getting on top of a Changewing.  "lets head back home before the Changewings comeback" i say as we fly up into the night sky.