Chapter 13: promises

Hiccup POV

i fly back home, when i get to Berk my dad is there with a couple of men at his side. "take us down bud" i say to Toothless. he takes us down landing near my dad. "calm down we'll solve this" he says to the men. "dad whats going on?" i ask him shoving my way through the men. "son we need to go to berzerker island, were training you" he says putting his hands on my shoulders. "no i can't" i say a bit worried. i could never leave Elsa, i think to myself. "son i'm sorry but we have to go" he says pushing me toward the docks. "come on Toothless" he says motioning for Toothless to follow him. "dad i can't look at me i'm a talking fishbone" i say mimicking his voice. "son its just training nothing bad will happen besides Dagur will be there to keep you company" he says smiling. "why do i have a bad feeling about this, but at least let me say good bye to Elsa" i say now facing him. "fine were leaving tommorow morning, be ready"  he says. i nod and get on Toothless. "see you later" i say flying into the sky. he nods and waves.

Elsa POV

i walk through the woods and back into town. everyone greeting me as i walk past them. when i get near my house i see the docks. i run to the docks and see my dad preparing a ship to leave. i run back to my house, when i enter Hiccup is there. my mother sitting across from him. he was just over there how'd he get over here i ask myself. i ignore the thought and come inside. "Elsa honey your back come sit down your boyfriend came to visit" she says cheerfully. i smile and sit down next to Hiccup. "honey do you want anything to drink?" she asks me. "no thank you i'm okay" i reply. i look at my arm its soaked in blood. "honey what happened?" she says coming over to me and looking at my arm. she goes into a room and comes out with a kit full of medical supplies.

"hold still this is gonna sting" she says starting to dab my arm. i grab Hiccup's shirt, he grabs me while i grit my teeth. soon she's done and bandages my arm. "i've gotten stabbed multiple times too, just gotta be careful" she says putting the kit back in the room.

"now tell me Hiccup how'd you meet my daughter?" she says clasping her hands together. "well, i don't know how to put it into words but when i met her i had to hide my feelings i didn't know if she'd want someone like me with her everyone always excepted her as a viking she was brave and beautiful, we became best friends then she kissed me for the first time and those feelings inside me were released, until i had to lie to her about dying" he says, i interrupt him. "it broke me, i thought he died and i couldn't bear it. until all of this happened and it just changed us" i say a tear going down my cheek. "don't cry i don't like seeing you cry" says Hiccup wiping the tear off my face.

"true love" says my mother happily. i smile and turn to look at him. i kiss him straight on the lips, he kisses me back. "don't let your father see you two, i don't think he'd like it" she says getting up. we both pull back, "you know your amazing right" he says hugging me. "i know and you are too" i say smiling.

"Elsa i need to tell you something" he says sternly. "Hiccup if its something bad i don't want to hear it" i say now holding his hand. "no its okay i'm just gonna be gone for i don't know how long" he says "and i won't be able to see you my dad is taking me to train i don't know why" he says sadly. "Don't worry i'll miss you but we still need to get the antidote" i say looking down. "we'll find it i promise and if when i get back your..........not here" he says holding in the tears. "its okay Hiccup if i don't make it remember i love you" i say tears rushing down my cheeks. "i love you too" he says hugging me tightly. were both hugging each other, me crying and Hiccup holding in the tears. "Elsa are you hungry?" says my mother coming out from the kitchen. she sees me crying and rushes over to us. "Hiccup promise me you'll never forget me" i say still crying. "Don't say that your not gonna die please not now i need you" he says through tears. i hug him tighter. the only words i manange to say is "i love you." we both pull back from the hug, i stare into his emerald eyes, we both lean in and we kiss.

"i have to go" he says pulling back. "be careful and remember i love you" i say wiping the tears off my face. he kisses me one last time and leaves. "honey are you okay?" my mother asks me. "ya i'm just gonna miss him way too much" i say looking at her. she's young for her age, her hair is in a bun and she has no armor. there's a big scar on her right arm. "come on i'll show you your room" she says motioning me toward the stairs. i get up and walk with her, when we get to a door she opens it revealing a bed with a balcony. "its beautiful" i say smiling. she smiles. "now you should get some rest tommorow morning your leaving with your father somewhere" she says making the bed for me. "okay is Aaron going?" i ask her. "yes he is too so you won't be alone" she says. i change into a night gown and get in bed. "Good night" she says closing the door. "Good night" i whipser. i close my eyes and as i do i remember Hiccup's smiling face. i smile, "i love you" i whisper and fall asleep.