Chapter 2: realization

Elsa POV

i walk out of Hiccup's house and walk around the village and get Misty. i walk all the way to the cove and practice climbing the walls, Misty catching me everytime i fall. "you should be careful" someone says behind me. i try and turn around but instead make myself fall. Luckily Misty catches me. "you distracted me" i say brushing the dirt off of me. "i have patrol tonight" he says sadly. "its okay i'll come with you" i say. he hesitates, "my dad says i can only patrol" he says hesitantly. "oh.......well then good luck, i'm gonna go" i say a bit sad getting on Misty. "i'll see you tommorow" i say getting ready to fly off. "Elsa i'm sorry, just please be safe" he asks me. "ya its not like i'm never safe" i say a bit annoyed. "no i didn't mean it that way" he says but i cut him off. "no Hiccup its fine just go" i say turning away from him. "Elsa please wait" he says. "no Hiccup, you don't think i can protect myself, do you. Answer me do you?! i yell at him. "no i.........." he stays silent. "thats what i thought good bye Hiccup" i yell at him and leave.

Hiccup POV

i'm such an idiot i think to myself. "come on Toothless lets go after her" i say patting his head and fly up into the sky.

i can see Elsa flying ahead of me."Elsa please wait! i yell. she turns and looks at me a heart broken look on her face, she urges Misty forward. "Leave me alone Hiccup!!! she yells wiping tears off her face. "come on bud, do your thing" i say clicking his prosthetic tail. we move faster and forward. "Hiccup please, i don't wanna hurt you" she says pointing out her hands so icicles shoot out of them. "i didn't mean it, please just listen to me" i say. "Hiccup............just...........please" she says breathing heavily. "whats wrong why are you breathing so hard? i ask her. "Hiccup......" she says before she falls off. "come on bud" i say diving after her. i finally reach her and catch her in my arms. my broken one throbbing, i can see her breathing fast. "take us down bud" i say holding onto the saddle. when we land everyone gathers around me and Elsa. "what in thor is going on" i hear someone yell. its my dad. he looks at me and Elsa in my arms. "what happened?! he asks me angrily. "She was breathing heavily and then just fainted". i answer, "take her to the doctor and treat her" says my father. some men carry her to the infirmary.

Everyone else leaves. my dad walks to me and crosses his arms. "fine we were fighting she flew off she started breathing heavily she fainted she fell and i caught her" i say frustrated. "go patrol the island now" he says sternly. i nod and  Toothless and me fly away.

Elsa POV

i wake up in the infirmary, Eret in a chair beside me. "hey Eret" i say sitting up. "hey how you feelin? he asks me. "good what happened and where's Misty? i ask him. "you were breathing heavily, you fell off Misty and fainted,oh and she's fine she's home" he replies. "oh thats good" i reply. "You know Elsa there's a reason why you were breathing heavily, remember that arrow that Noah was supposed to hit Hiccup but instead you took it, the tip of the arrow contained this kind of poison that kills a person in just a few days my dad told me about it" he replies. "no that isn't true tell me that isn't true" i say worriedly. "sorry but thats the truth thats why your veins are turning purple" he replies pointing to my wrists. i look down at my wrists he's right their purple. "no this isn't true but it is" i say. "i'm going home" i say getting up and walking towards the door. "Elsa don't be afraid there's an antidote" he says putting his hands on my shoulders. "there is we have to go get it i can't............die" i say the word die choking me. "i can't get it but you can go with Hiccup and get it, its callled the Dragon Flower" he says his hands still on my shoulder. "okay i will but i'm going home right now" i say trying to take in the news i just got. "bye" i say waving good bye. he does the same and closes the door.

i walk looking down the whole way. when i hear the flapping of wings i hide behind Hiccup's work shop. i see its Hiccup he's taking off Toothless tail and saddle. "there you go bud, go lie down and relax you deserve it" he says to Toothless while hammering something. should i talk to him i ask myself. but something urges me towards him. "hey Hiccup" i say shamefully. "hey Elsa how you feelin" he says with out looking up. "i'm good, Hiccup i'm sorry i over reacted i just feel like i'm a weakling" i say. "its okay it wasn't your fault it was mine" he says looking up at me. "Hiccup i'm sorry i'm just gonna go" i say walking away. "no its fine you can stay" he says smiling at me.

i walk up to him stand on my tippy toes and kiss him, he drops the hammer. we both pull back. i start to run. "Elsa wait! he yells. i don't listen and just run. when i get to my house i run up the stairs and sob into my pillow.

i hear someone enter my room, i immedietely know its Hiccup. "Elsa are you okay? he asks me. "ya i'm just.........i don't know i feel, its like the whole world is collapsing on me" i say frustrated.

"its okay Elsa" he says. i get up and look at him. "here give me your hand" he says extending out his hand. i give him my hand, he uses my hand to touch his chest. i can feel his heart beat its beating fast. "my heart is beating fast, can you hear it? he asks me. "yes i can" i reply. "its beating fast because i'm scared, this is what happens when your scared, are you scared? he asks me. "yes i am" i answer. he presses his forehead against mine. He leans in and kisses me, pushing me against him our kiss becoming more desperate after a few minutes we both pull back panting.

"i'm sorry for everything" i say. "its okay it was me i didn't mean it i just don't want to lose you" he says brushing hair out of my face. "Hiccup i don't want to lose you either" i say. "you and me will be fine i promise" he says hugging me. i think of what Eret said i only have a few days before that poison kills me unless i don't find that antidote.  i stay in Hiccup's arms falling asleep with him.