Chapter 22: Fear (part 2)

Hiccup POV

i keep walking until i reach Dagur's cabin. his friends are blocking the entrance, "move out of the way" i yell at them. they don't budge. June hits one of them in the stomach and pins them down. "let us in or i swear i will punch you somewhere you don't wanna be punched" she says menacingly.

all the guys back away scared. "what was that?" Aaron asks her a bit scared himself. "only way you get somewhere in life over in my home" she says happily. "sometimes that girl scares me but i still love her" says Aaron a smile replacing his worried look.

we barge in to the cabin. when we enter Astrid is on the floor her arms and legs tied up, Dagur asleep. i kneel down near Astrid, she's pale. too pale, i put one arm under her knees the other under her back and carry her out the door.

i carry her back to her cabin, when i enter i set her down on the bed. "Hiccup" she says through breaths. "its okay, i'm here" i say kissing her forehead. she touches my hand, her's shaking. "Hiccup you need to get the antidote" she says warily. "but i don't know what it is" i say.

"but i do" says a familiar voice. i turn around and see Eret at the door way. "i'm sorry for hurting you Hiccup but it kind of hurt me seeing Elsa cry" he says sadly. "Its Astird now actually" i say correcting him. "the antidote is a flower called the dragon flower, if you smash it into powder and put it in water then drink it. it will heal you. but i see we don't have much time, we have to go now" he says sternly. "okay lets go" i say about ready to leave. "Hiccup let me come with you" says Astrid weakly. "no your staying here your not going, your weak you can barely walk. don't worry i'll be okay" i say staring into her deep blue eyes. "fine but be careful" she says her face still pale.

i nod and leave the cabin.

Astrid POV

my head aches, and i can't move. June is pacing, while Aaron is biting his nails. i try and get up but that only makes it worse, i cry out in pain. Aaron comes over to me, June following behind him. "don't it'll only hurt you" says Aaron helping me back on the bed. "i just can't stay here motionless while Hiccup is risking his life for me" i say putting my head under the covers and start crying.

"Astrid i understand you don't want him to get hurt, but he's trying to keep you alive he loves you" says June. "i know but what if he gets hurt and i won't be there to help him" i say sobbing into my pillow. "just try and rest until he comes back okay" says Aaron.

i never thought i'd have a brother and one so caring and kind. "if Hiccup comes wake me okay" i say closing my eyes. and the last thing i hear them say is they will.

Hiccup POV

every minute passing by is like my whole world is breaking apart. we land on changewing island. "now do you know where it is or where it grows?" i ask Eret. "its in the Changewings's nest, but if we wanna get it we'll have to be careful. or else we could lose something." he pauses. "in your case no offense you might not lose something" he says looking at my leg. "well then lucky i only have one leg" i say sarcasticay.

he just smiles instead. i ignore him and keep on searching.

***

after we spend the whole afternoon searching we finally find it. i think of how afraid Astrid must be right now, not knowing if she'll die or live. we enter the Changewing's nest, its tunnels everywhere that only leads to the center of it all. The nest.

i follow Eret through the twisting, binding tunnels. each one leading us closer to the nest. when we finally reach the center, its swarming with Changewings. "were gonna have to take the flower without being noticed" says Eret pointing to the flower. its petals blue like Astrids eyes and its stem green like my eyes. the ones that Astrid adored.

i imagine Astrid's smiling face. "lets go" i say not caring if i live or die but i know if i don't i did it for a good reason and that was saving Astrid's life.