Chapter 42: This isn't happening

Hiccup POV

"Astrid, Astrid!!!" i yell, "Please don't go please" i say tears threatening to fall. "Hiccup calm down, please" says June. The doctor comes in and they pull me away from Astrid. "No!!" i yell struggling.

"Hiccup you have to calm down" says Aaron. "Astrid!!" i yell again. i suddenly feel sleepy, my eyes are threatening to close but i refuse. until i finally black out.

Astrid POV

I wake up on the bed, my wrists are bandaged. "Your awake" says June leaning against the door. i remember everything that happened, "Wheres Hiccup?" i say immediately, "He panicked we tried to calm him down but he wouldn't, he was worried about you" she pauses, "We had to give him a sedative to calm him down" she says trying to sound calm.

"And Hiccup is in another room it was scary, we were all worried about you" she says as a tear falls down her face, "I just felt that I'm always the problem I always start the fights the problems the wars." i say starting to cry myself.

"I have some food left over you want some?" she says wiping the tear away. "No thank you but I'd like to go outside" i say looking at the window. "I'm sorry but you can't, you have to stay and rest but if you want you can sit on the couch while I'm gone. Me and Aaron are going out tonight, Toby's grandma is taking care of him" she offers. "Ya okay" i say trying to get up, she walks over and helps me over into the living room. "I gotta go if you need anything just look through the cupboards" she says as she closes the door.

"Bye" i whisper. The fireplace is slowly burning out, i get up and place more firewood. i go to kitchen and make some tea. i sigh, i feel warm hands wrap around me, and i know its Hiccup.

i take the tea and go back to the couch. i sit down and sip the tea, after a few minutes Hiccup sits down next to me. i don't look at him instead i try and avoid his gaze.

"Astrid" he says turning me to look at him. i wanna cry but i hold it in, i hurt him and i know he's mad and he's hiding it. "Yes" i reply. "What happened back there?" he says sadness in his eyes. i look down, I-I.......I......I" I is all i can say, I get up and go to my room and cry. i feel like I'm the person who ends up hurting everyone else. Hiccup follows and he hugs me, "I love you" he whispers in my ear. i face him. he leans in and kisses me, i kiss him back. his arms wrap around my waist, i wrap my arms around his neck. Our kiss becomes more desperate, until i pull away. "Are you okay?" he says worriedly. "No I'm not" i answer.

"Why?" he asks me, "Because all I've done is hurt people, hurt you" i say tears rushing down my cheeks."Because some people think beauty is more important than what they truly have inside" he says wiping the tears away.  "I'm sorry for what happened I thought that this was the answer to my problems" i say hugging him. "Its okay you were scared and so was I of losing you" he says hugging me tightly.

"I guess were both scared of something" i say sounding a bit happier. "Ya" he says laughing. "What are we gonna do now?" i say pulling away from the hug. "I don't know" he says playfully. i giggle, "I'm tired" i say sitting down on the bed. "Then go to sleep" he says sitting down beside me. "Then stay with me" i say laying down. "Okay" he says doing the same. i laugh.

i take a deep breath, "You okay?" he says touching my cheek gently. "Ya i just need some sleep" i reply, "Okay come on" he says helping me into bed. "Stay with me" i say as he heads for the door. he smiles, "thought you'd never ask" he says getting into bed next to me. i lay my head on his chest, he strokes my hair. i close my eyes and fall asleep.

Hiccup POV (Finally!)

as we both drift off to sleep i dream of me and Astrid in the cliff where we usually hung out. we were playing chasing each other having fun. until she slips and falls, she's dangling by the edge of the cliff, as i try and grab her hand she slips and falls. i scream her name.

Astrid POV

i wake up hearing Hiccup screaming my name. i shake him gently but that doesn't work either. i start to shake him harder, "Hiccup, Hiccup!!" i yell he wakes up sweating and gasping for air.

"Astrid" he says hugging me. "Are you okay?" i say hugging him back. "I dreamed you fell off the cliff and died" he says touching his forehead with mine. "That'll never happen as long as your with me" i say kissing his cheek. he smiles and kisses my forehead.

i get up and walk to the window, how i missed sleeping under the stars watching the sunsets, it was beautiful. i place my hand against the window, wishing i was out there. then someones hand overlaps over mine. i look back and see Hiccup smiling at me.

i grab his collar and kiss him, at first he's surprised but kisses back, when we both pull away i blush at what i've done. "Lets go back to sleep" i say kissing his cheek. he smiles and we both go back to bed.

~

okay this is dedicated to the people who think suicide is the answer to their problems if u know someome who wants to kill themselves help don't let them get hurt.

hoped you liked this chapter bye for now my dragon riders/ pepitos.

~Snow302~