Chapter 39: I'm lost

Hiccup POV

i hug her cause i know she needs it, after a few seconds she hugs me back. "Hiccup" she says softly, "Ya" i reply, "I'm sorry for everything for running away, for lying about my death for lying about everything" she says tears staining her cheeks.

i release her from the hug and look at her, "I love you no matter what" i say pressing her forehead against mine.

she smiles a bit, i lean in and kiss her, she kisses me back. i wrap my arms around her waist, she wraps her arms around my neck. when we both pull away i kiss her forehead. "I missed you" i say keeping her close to me, "I did too" she says, the tears already gone. i smile at her. "Now tell me why are they after you" i say sitting on the ground full of snow, she sits next to me and starts to explain.

Astrid POV

i tell him about Alex how he started coming after me just a few days after my supposed death. And how i learned how to take care of myself on my own and how i've been hiding for two years.

"So let me get this straight their after you but you don't know why?" says Hiccup sounding a bit confused. i giggle, "Yes" i reply, he just nods.

"What happened to June and Aaron and Eret?" i say worriedly. "June and Aaron got married two months after your supposed death and have their own son, and Eret is well he hasn't been the same since you supposedly died" he says worriedly.

"so i have a nephew?" i say pointing at myself. "Ya June always said i was Toby's uncle." he says giggling at himself. i smile, "I wonder what would've happened if i didn't supposedly die?" i say a bit puzzled. "Maybe they still would've had their own child and Eret would've just stayed here on Berk not moving everywhere." he says gesturing.

"It feels great to know that your okay" he says putting an arm around my shoulder. i smile, i touch my neck and feel the bandage on it. i get up and look through my bag in Stormfly's saddle. i find the medicine and drink it. it calms the pain in my neck.

Hiccup notices and walks over to me, "What happened?" he says wrapping his arms around me and resting his head on my shoulder from behind me, "In that fire my vocal cords were damaged and i can't speak very well sometimes, Trader Yohan gave me some medicine that'll make it heal but it hasn't" i say looking down.

"Well maybe it eventually will" he says kissing me on the cheek. i smile, "So what are you gonna do now?" he says concerned. "I don't know but for now i have to keep my guard or they'll get me" i say now turning to face him. "Well then i'll stay with you and keep you safe" he says kissing my forehead, "You have to go back your dad will get suspicious" i say kissing him on the cheek. "I don't wanna go back" he says looking down, "Why not?" i ask him worriedly."My dad is planning on making me cheif of Berk" he says frustrated. "Thats a great honor Hiccup wouldn't you want to be cheif?" i say touching his shoulder, "No you've always known your place but me i can't i've always been a misfit an outsider i never really belonged until i trained the dragons" he says running his fingers through his hair. "Hiccup what your searching for isn't out there, what your searching for is in here" i say touching the spot on his chest where his heart is. he smiles and kisses me on the cheek.

"what if i end up making mistakes that'll effect all of Berk, What if...what if..." he trails off. "What if there's no more what ifs Hiccup you have to take risks even if it means risking your life..........thats what i've been doing all this time taking risks which end up only hurting me" i say looking down. "Well then we'll both have to take risks" he says looking into my eyes.

"Eventually were gonna have to show everyone i'm still here" i say getting on Stormfly. "Where are you going?" he says looking at me, "well i'm going flying can't i?" i say teasingly. "You can only if you let me come with you" he says teasingly. "Fine, but if you fall off thats your fault" i say getting off. Stormfly flies away and i stay with Hiccup.

"Hiccup!!" i hear someone yell. "Go hide" he says pushing me towards a tree. i hide behind it and listen.

Hiccup POV

June lands near me with Toby in her arms. "Hey june" i say walking over to her, "Good i found you, now i need you to take care of Toby for a few hours while i run some errands" she says handing me Toby. "Uncle" he chirps, "Hey buddy" i say hugging him.

"Bye Toby i'm leaving you with your uncle be good, and Hiccup don't you dare take my son on another joy ride" she says menacingly. "Okay i won't" i say a bit annoyed. and with that she flies off.

"Can i come out now?" says Astrid from behind the tree. "ya" i reply. she walks out and comes over to me. "uncle who is that lady?" he says pointing to Astrid. me and Astrid both smile, "thats your aunt" i say looking straight at Astrid.

"Aunty!!!!" he shrieks while running towards Astrid. She catches him in her arms and hugs him. "Hi toby" she says happily.

"Hi aunty" he says hugging her. i walk over to them and hug them. "I finally have back what i needed" i say kissing Astrid on the cheek.

"Uncle who is the angry man over there?" he says pointing to Alex and his men behind him.

Astrid POV

Alex and his men are behind me. i wanna run but i can't leave them here knowing that they could hurt them. "Not giving up are ya?" i say now face to face with Alex. "Astrid you forgot you have to come with us thats how this works" he says grabbing my arm.

i jerk my arm free, grab his arm and flip him over. he hits the ground hard. "Oh Astrid such a dumb little girl" says Alex as he gets up. "Why do you want me what have i done to you?" i say just about ready to make a run for it. "Oh Astrid i don't want you, someone else does" he says smirking.

i feel a cold arms wrap around me, i look back and see Dagur. "Hello Astrid" he says touching my cheek.

~

sorry for the cliffhanger but still, its still fun to wait. bye for now my dragon riders/ pepitos. i will update again.

~Snow302~