Zayn

“Zayn?” I opened the door more to let him in. He seemed nervous, coming in uncertainly. He just walked right to the living room, sitting on the couch looking stressed.

I went in the room and sat next to him. “What’s wrong Zayn?” I looked at him as he looked stressed.

“My sister has surgery today. I can’t go home and well, I’m scared. I need somewhere that I can just sit and wait for the call that she’s ok. Maybe some food?” He looked worried.

I chuckled and nodded. “Of course, the boys are at practice I’m presuming?” I asked as I walked back into the kitchen.

“Yes, I normally would just be with the boys but only one of us can miss practice.”

“That’s a normal thing. You want anything, tea, coffee, hot chocolate? And I have some scones or cookies.” I went and put the water up as he called for some tea and pastries. I put some scones and cookies on a plate, bringing it back out to him, seeing him stare at his phone that he has now placed on the coffee table.

“It’s the first time I’m not there for something like this. I’m worried that because I’m not there to protect them from things. I have a bad past but I always protect them, being on the other side of the world is new and scary to me, not being at least an hour away. I can’t, I don’t. ughh!” He looked so frustrated as he ran his hands through his hair, ruining it.

“I can’t say I know how you feel. I don’t have siblings but I do know you aren’t a bad guy for following your dream.” I crouched down next to him as his head was in his hands. I moved his chin so he was facing me. I looked into his broken dark eyes. “What is the surgery?” I asked calmly.

“She’s getting her wisdom teeth removed. She’s a year younger than me.” I chuckled. He shoot me a confused look.

“That is mot a heavy operation. Yes major surgery but it is a one in a billion chance to die. I survived it, Niall was just as scared as you. Thinking I was going to come out of the room covered in a white bed sheet. I didn’t and he looked stupid for worrying. I’m not saying your crazy for it but this is deeper then just about her surgery. Your worried about how they are without a man in the house, they are fine and if they weren’t they would call you.” I told him honestly, his eyes looked away as he went into thought.

“I guess your right. Now I see why Niall likes you so much.” He smiled at me.

“What do you mean Niall likes me?” I looked at him. He smirked at me.

“It’s obvious he loves you, more then a friend.” I stood up as the water whistled, my eyes wide with the information. I hear Zayn stand up from the couch and follow me. “You like him too, don’t you?”

I continued with the tea and went and gave him a cup, letting him make the rest. “Uh, sure. Now, if you want you can go and sit, I just have to finish making this stuff.” I stuttered out as I started to make the frosting, cream cheese flavor. He chuckled but complied and sat, watching his phone.

I hummed a song again as I cooked, checking the food in the oven. I finished and put it in the fridge. “You do realize that your singing one thing?” I jumped at his voice, much closer than he was a second ago.

“No, I didn’t.” I answered. I turned to look for some thing to make a side of my meat, yum. I looked to find mac and cheese and some canned carrots. I took them out and made them. “Are the boys going to show up or are you meeting them somewhere?” I asked as I took the roast out of the oven.

“Knowing Niall and his love of food, they will probably show up.” I nodded and went on cooking food, everyone thinks Niall eats 24/7, but it’s not really all like that. He just eats big meals… often. I continued cooking, and about half an hour later Zayn’s phone went off.

“Hey Mum…… Ya, I was waiting, how is she?…… Ok, nothing went wrong right?…… Ok, tell the others and her that I love them…… Yes, I love you and miss you too Ma….. Talk to you later, bye.” He hung up the phone, his body straightened as if the weight of the world has been lifted off his shoulders. I smiled and he grinned at me.

“So, she’s ok I guess?” I finished cooking and looked at the time to see it was almost ten o’clock.

“Of course, you were right no need to worry. And Liam just texted me to tell you that they are on their way over, and that they are hungry and thirsty.” I nodded and went to go and make some iced tea. “Thank you, for the support. I’m happy that you’re who Niall likes. You’re a bit like Liam, but I guess that’s why the fans are convinced Niam exists. But we need to come up with a name for you too….. Mikiall, nah too long…. Nyla! I like Nyla it has a nice ring to it.” I laughed as I jumped around singing the world. “Mickey and Niall sitting in a tree, k-I-s-s-I-n-g! First comes love then comes marriage then comes the baby in the baby carriage! That’s not all, that’s not all, Harry fed the baby alcohol!” I full out laughed at the end, making me fall to the floor, I could feel my abs getting a work out from it. I heard a thud and knew that Zayn was in the same fate as I am at the moment.

But as the door opened we tried to calm dow, the other four boys looking at us like we were weird, but as soon as me and Zayn looked at each other again we broke into more laughter. “I smell food.” Niall said as me and Zayn finally stopped the laughter.

“Ya, I made dinner, so take some. Not all of it, Niall.” The boys snickered as Nialls’ face fell.

“Ok, I’ll take SOME!” He put emphasis on the some as he took a plate and covered it in food, leaving a lot left for us to eat.

“Good, now boys feed yourselfs!” I announced as Louis helped me from the floor and smiled. His face sullen and completely unlike Lou. After everyone got food and went to the living room I looked to Louis.

“Hey, wanna talk about it?” I asked as he shook his head.

“I just need some time to think it over. I’ll be out in a minuet.” I nodded and smiled encouragingly at him, getting some food and following the chaos in the living room. Giggling when I see Niall sitting in Harry’s lap as Harry stroked his hair.

Never seen that one yet…..